3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Discussions
 homeworld2+voodoo5+3danalyze=no go?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2003 :  14:59:11  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I have tried to run this game wit 3da 2.31,but still no success.a 32mb hw&tl card is required,so it shouldnt be a problem with force software tl on,I have tried some other settings too but it didnt help.the game launches a black window,and drops me to desktop after a second.with 3da,I get the same thing.any suggestions?

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables

bloodworm
Average

USA

278 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  02:36:18  Show Profile  Visit bloodworm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
have you tried the new Mesa 5.1e? also coulorless's gxpOGL addon is a must for openGL games.

Bloody Mess
Go to Top of Page

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  18:57:37  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
homeworld2 is a direct3d game,opengl drivers wont help here..

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

4500x2
Novice

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2004 :  23:27:40  Show Profile  Visit 4500x2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Chaps,

Hope you had a great new year's celebration! I don't know what to think about homeworld 2 anymore, look at this link:

http://www.thegamingunion.co.uk/Forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=002066

That's what those guys think. I downloaded the latest DivX player still a no-go and quite honestly I am starting to think that it profits me more to get rid of Homeworld 2 than it does to get rid of my Voodoos.

It is worth pointing out that the guy who had the problem has only got a 64mb Geforce. Maybe HW2 likes 128mb of RAM before it thinks of actually starting up? I think this is NAFF. I have had too much aggro for one game and if I didn't want to buy a radeon anyway I would sling it out. But since the price is right if I can get the card that I want then I will try it out. Grr@sierra. Major nafo deployment of a popular game.

Edited by - 4500x2 on 03/01/2004 00:21:59
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums