3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo2 Setup and tweaking
 Fastvoodoo 2.4.6 and matched SLI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2Mourty
Novice

USA

3 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  20:26:15  Show Profile  Visit 2Mourty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got a brand new pair of MAXI Gamer 3d voodoo2 cards for my vintage pc. I have a matched set, but it looks like the fastvoodoo 2.4.6 drivers are for mismatched pairs. Will it hurt my cards to use fastvoodoo 2.4.6? Thank you for your help!

max1024
Novice

Belarus

31 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  15:34:28  Show Profile  Visit max1024's Homepage  Send max1024 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
You can't hurt your cards, at worst thing cards doesn]t work in SLI mode. So you can try and to see the result.

L-B-H eXtreme Team | http://l-b-h.org
Go to Top of Page

2Mourty
Novice

USA

3 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  19:24:16  Show Profile  Visit 2Mourty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I installed them and the driver say that sli is detected, but only shows 4mb of memory for textures and 4 mb of memory for the frame buffer. When I use the 3dfx standard drivers it shows 8 mb of memory for textures and the frame buffer. Is this just an error in the drivers and both cards memory is being used even though it only shows 4mb? Or are they just not working correctly with my card? Thank you for the help!
Go to Top of Page

max1024
Novice

Belarus

31 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  20:03:20  Show Profile  Visit max1024's Homepage  Send max1024 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
It is all OK. If games is run correctly it is nothing to worry about.

L-B-H eXtreme Team | http://l-b-h.org
Go to Top of Page

feinripp
Novice

Germany

9 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  00:21:18  Show Profile  Visit feinripp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a known error of this driver you don't have to mind; SLI should work well.
With the last official 3dfx driver this problem isn't existing but than the performance and compatibility would not as well as with the fastvoodoo

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums