3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Search with Google | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 New driver set for Voodoo2 and Voodoo4/5 on WinXP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

ggab
Average

Argentina

294 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  14:40:04  Show Profile  Visit ggab's Homepage  Send ggab an ICQ Message  Click to see ggab's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
excellent news osc!

have a GREAT time ;)

voodoo power! via 3dfxzone.it's boards
Go to Top of Page

roflkopp
Average

138 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  12:22:25  Show Profile  Visit roflkopp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by koolsmoky
Anyone try it out, yet?

Yes. It's working perfectly...
Go to Top of Page

ggab
Average

Argentina

294 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  01:42:54  Show Profile  Visit ggab's Homepage  Send ggab an ICQ Message  Click to see ggab's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi, may i ask a regedit addon to have the Vertical sync option (enable/disable/software contolled) available in D3D mode in 3dfx tools, it shows in glide/ogl only...

thank you.
Go to Top of Page

koolsmoky
Average

101 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  11:40:34  Show Profile  Visit koolsmoky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ggab

hi, may i ask a regedit addon to have the Vertical sync option (enable/disable/software contolled) available in D3D mode in 3dfx tools, it shows in glide/ogl only...

Hi ggab,

Set SSTH3_SWAPINTERVAL to 0 to disable V-Sync. Or you could use the attached vsync.inf to make it show up in 3dfx tools.

USAGE: Under Windows Explorer, or when the file is on the Windows desktop, right click on the file then choose "Install".

-KoolSmoky

Download Attachment: vsync.zip
1.16 KB
Go to Top of Page

koolsmoky
Average

101 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  05:45:54  Show Profile  Visit koolsmoky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

I've been recieving PMs regarding riser card + V56K combo compatibility so I'm posting answers here.

The riser card that is known to work with the V56K is the "Kuroutoshikou CHANGE-AGP2PCI". Several people have confirmed that the V56K is fully functional. Moreover, Osckhar has successfully modded the riser card to run at 66MHz PCI bus speed which is the fastest bus speed that the V56K accepts. For instructions and jumper settings see:
http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6728
http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6256

Other riser cards will mostly likely work, however information is lacking. So if anyone has a riser card working with any of the VSA cards please post them here. Info regarding PCI-E riser cards would be especially useful.

For win2k/xp, the Voodoo5 driver posted at the top of this thread will work with a riser card if the V56K is detected by the system. Other win2k/xp drivers have a bug that makes the card fail with most system configurations and is not foolproof.

-KoolSmoky

Edited by - koolsmoky on 12/08/2007 07:41:31
Go to Top of Page

ggab
Average

Argentina

294 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  23:46:33  Show Profile  Visit ggab's Homepage  Send ggab an ICQ Message  Click to see ggab's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks koolsmoky

PS: i'm really glad to see Osckhar's New World Record with his V6k + AGP2PCI !!!
Go to Top of Page

osckhar
Average

Spain

334 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  22:44:00  Show Profile  Visit osckhar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@KoolSmoky,
8xFSAA does not work well. When It is enabled V6k only works to 4xFSAA.

Oscar

- V6k Team -
¿Leyenda? ¿Mito? ¿Ficción? No... ¡Realidad!

Go to Top of Page

ggab
Average

Argentina

294 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  02:02:49  Show Profile  Visit ggab's Homepage  Send ggab an ICQ Message  Click to see ggab's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i got severe 2D graphic display issues with photoshop...

sshot:

[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

in opera's browser too, but i hardly ever have them (in tabs)...

PS: v4500 agp,wXPsp2, same config as glide64's tests

thanks
Go to Top of Page

ggab
Average

Argentina

294 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  10:50:52  Show Profile  Visit ggab's Homepage  Send ggab an ICQ Message  Click to see ggab's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if i use sfft a48...... no 2D issues...

please, anyone with a copy of photoshop, test my issue (zoom an image, browse the menues....)

thanks
Go to Top of Page

koolsmoky
Average

101 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  19:57:43  Show Profile  Visit koolsmoky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by osckhar
8xFSAA does not work well. When It is enabled V6k only works to 4xFSAA.

First of all, let me just say that I only have time to deal with Glide/OpenGL and they have been tested to work with 8xFSAA. Give me some screen shots that illustrates your problem.

quote:
Originally posted by ggab
got severe 2D graphic display issues with photoshop...

Remove SSTH3_VIDEO_REFRESH_OPTIMIZATION if you have any set.

Besure to read my previous post:

5. Be sure you do not have any old registry setting left from prior drivers under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
\3dfxvs\Device*" or under its subkeys.

-KoolSmoky
Go to Top of Page

osckhar
Average

Spain

334 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  09:36:51  Show Profile  Visit osckhar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@KoolSmoky,
Check it:

3DMark2001Se + V6k (AGP2PCI)

- KoolSmoky beta driver:
NO FSAA - 5025Points
2xFSAA - 3705Points
4xFSAA - 2250Points
8xFSAA - 2250Points

Collin McRae 2 + V6k (AGP2PCI)

- KoolSmoky beta driver:
NO FSAA - Timedemo 90sec - 94 AVG.
2xFSAA - Timedemo 90sec - 56 AVG
4xFSAA - Timedemo 90sec - 29 AVG
8xFSAA - Timedemo 90sec - 29 AVG

Oscar

- V6k Team -

Go to Top of Page

koolsmoky
Average

101 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  12:09:20  Show Profile  Visit koolsmoky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by osckhar

@KoolSmoky,
Check it:

3DMark2001Se + V6k (AGP2PCI)

- KoolSmoky beta driver:
NO FSAA - 5025Points
2xFSAA - 3705Points
4xFSAA - 2250Points
8xFSAA - 2250Points

Collin McRae 2 + V6k (AGP2PCI)

- KoolSmoky beta driver:
NO FSAA - Timedemo 90sec - 94 AVG.
2xFSAA - Timedemo 90sec - 56 AVG
4xFSAA - Timedemo 90sec - 29 AVG
8xFSAA - Timedemo 90sec - 29 AVG

Oscar

What 3D API does it use? As I've said before, I only have time for Glide/OpenGL (READ: Spare my time to google. If you think I have reduntant time, you're on crack.) It would be helpful to provide detailed info as much as possible, demo links, screenshots, etc. I see that your numbers for 4x and 8xFSAA doesn't change, but it doesn't necessary mean that 8xFSAA isn't working. Give me some screenshots that illustrates your problem.

-KoolSmoky
Go to Top of Page

osckhar
Average

Spain

334 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  19:30:04  Show Profile  Visit osckhar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
What 3D API does it use? As I've said before, I only have time for Glide/OpenGL (READ: Spare my time to google. If you think I have reduntant time, you're on crack.) It would be helpful to provide detailed info as much as possible, demo links, screenshots, etc. I see that your numbers for 4x and 8xFSAA doesn't change, but it doesn't necessary mean that 8xFSAA isn't working. Give me some screenshots that illustrates your problem.

-KoolSmoky

Sorry, both games are D3D. 8xFSAA works perfectly using API Glide, when 8xFSAA is enabled under D3D it works like 4xFSAA. I will try to get some SShots.

Thank you,
Oscar

- V6k Team -

Go to Top of Page

Pedersen123
Novice

Sweden
2 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2008 :  19:48:13  Show Profile  Visit Pedersen123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody!
I have a problem with my game/Graphic. When i are gonna play a game ex counter-strike then i can only play in Software mode. And i wan't to play with OpenGL.
It's only works with openGL. COUD SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND A DRIVER TO OPENGL OR SOMETHING. PLEASE

I have a 3dfx Voodoo4 4500 - AGP
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1939 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2008 :  21:10:56  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pedersen123

Hi everybody!
I have a problem with my game/Graphic. When i are gonna play a game ex counter-strike then i can only play in Software mode. And i wan't to play with OpenGL.
It's only works with openGL. COUD SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND A DRIVER TO OPENGL OR SOMETHING. PLEASE

I have a 3dfx Voodoo4 4500 - AGP

hello Pedersen123 and welcome
Since you're writing the same problem in 2 different topics, are you using the "driver set for V2/4/5" (see the tittle of this topic) ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Edited by - Nightbird on 30/01/2008 21:14:13
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents © 2001 - 2017 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine © Snitz Forums