CPU: AMD XP 1.8 MHz ~runing at 1.4 Mhz
      RAM: Infineon SD-RAM 133Mhz  640 MB

Grafikcard: [b]Voodoo5 5500 AGP 64MB
           - Chip: VSA 100
           - Bios: 1.06
[/b]
   Driver: [b]Amigamerlin 3.0 for Voodoo5 5500 AGP
           with  Mesa 6.1.0.8 glide3x.dll[/b]

Setup for the Grafikcard is like the published setup at this website here for the optimal settings to run the voodoo5 5500.
I've got still the problem that i can't play the game Freelancer at my Computer. It is even wich option i choose i still got flashing button's and flashing text when i try to run the game.
I solved the problem under 2k SP 2 with installing a new SFFT Driver but under XP it doesn't take any kind of effect when i try to install a different driver to run the game perfectly.

Other games like:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (1.0.0.2 to 1.4.0.0)
Lineage II (Oath of Darth with low details and some acceptable displayed issues )
are runing better than befor since i've installed the drivers.

can somebody help me to solve this problem?
please, it's really important for me to get Freelancer working again.

thanks alot,

cd

SuperFurryFurryThing

The SFFT drivers work under XP. You would appear to have a driver installation problem under XP. You could try AmigerMerlin 3.1 R11 which uses an SFFT core anyway.

SFFT

cd2k7

i tried the 3.1 R11 but i only get a 4bit resolution with it on my computer and can't change it.
Any other idea ?

Rolo01

Last time I tested Freelancer under WinXP SP1 it was with SFFT 39.
There it worked flawlessly, absolutely no glitches at all. I guess you do something wrong when installing the SFFT driver.

ps47

maybe he didnt install the driver properly? you know,xp is really dumb when it comes to installing 3rdparty drivers and wont install them correctly unless you do everything manually.made a nice quick guide,see here.oh, and you should probably use the A42 release for now,seems like newer releases have opengl/glide issues (at least for some people).

edit: darn,seems like some pictures are offline,lets hope I can fix this.

edit2: fixed,and link moved to sig.

cd2k7

thanks for advise.

i fixed it with installing the old sfft 22 driver.
It seem's how you said ps47 the new drivers might have some issues.
I deinstalled the whole drivers and installed the sfft22 drivers again.
Now Freelancer is working not fast as i wish and want to , but it's properly ok and finally runing.
After 3 Days Drivers checking ( uninstallation and installation) it's working now.
I tried sfft versions : 3.9 , 43 , 46 and not anyone of them solved the problem.
The 64MB Voodoo5 5500 AGP is runin as a 32 MB oO.
At the newer version might be something different what makes the problem.

cd2k7

QuoteOriginally posted by ps47
...made a nice quick guide,see here.oh, and you should probably use the A42 release for now,seems like newer releases have opengl/glide issues (at least for some people).

that message i've got when i tried your link ps47.
Do i have to register myself again somewhere else to get access to an tutorial or help ? plz, not again.

An Error Has Occured!

You are not allowed to access this section.

ps: sry for double posting

SuperFurryFurryThing

All of the SFFT driver versions install under XP SP2. I would look at the topics on installing the SFFT drivers if you are having problems installing them.

SFFT