voodoo2 and dx9

Started by cy717, 24 December 2003, 12:19:50

Previous topic - Next topic

bolognesi

i have a ATI RAGE IIC 64 MB i already update my card driver with w82474e this the last version of this driver card my computer work with windows 98 my computer have the minimus requited that a need to play the sims 2 Procesador Intel(R) Pentium(R)III a 600 MHz
256 MB de RAM
but i see that my graphip card doesnt appered on the list if my graphic card doesnt appered the game couldnt work???

ps47

the game wont work.you want to play new games-you must have a new pc.that is the rule of evolution..

..and just a small question: you are trying to run sims2 on ati rage2c,right? umm,just for your information,this is a Voodoo2 Setup and tweaking section,and topic about voodoo2 and directx9.you dont exactly fit in ;)

bolognesi

ok thank for that but u think that i need a new computer?? o just change my graphic card to another??? well thanks for the help..

ps47

..well a new card could help,if the rest of your system meets the minimum system requirements:
http://thesims2.simshost.com/systemrqts/

NeoRAGERx

QuoteOriginally posted by avengerx

I think that using 3dfx ref drivers would help you less than fv2 drivers. d3d games will still work on dx9 although you can't use dxdiag to see if d3d is working. I am -not- sure, but I think that if a game requires dx8.1 or older, it will work fine even if you have dx9 installed. the problem could raise if you play a game that uses dx9 functions. In other words, downgrading to dx8.1 will not change things other than being able to see that spinning cube on dxdiag's test.

also, seems that 3dfx ref drivers support only ~dx6... fv2 goes up to dx8.1.

Latest reference V2 drivers are dx7 compatible :)
It`s the lonelines that`s the killer...

skinnie

well..on my mmx200 I have the 98se with dx9c..and all works fine...
MSI KT3/Athlon XP 2400+/2x256Mb OCZ BH5/3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 AGP