3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 Looking for Amigamerlin ....Attention and HEllo!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

usmsci
Novice

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2003 :  01:06:10  Show Profile  Visit usmsci's Homepage  Send usmsci an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i am new to this board and was referred by pub34.ezboard off the x-3dfx boards. i am eagerly wanted to get familiar with the Glide API and do some programming in it. i think they said that Colourless and koolsmoky are doing the Glide coding over on this board? anyway i wanted to ask AmigaMerlin on possibly getting started helping on drivers or coding. coding is my forte, i have been involved in openGL programming either from college, hobbying(almost done with a game) and work experience. i am out of college now though and just working and hobbying with it. anyway i wont say more, i just know and feel that if these cards can run some or a lot of newer games today with updated drivers, although maybe not well, its a good start to something that could be great. i would like to be involved so let me know if you guys out there need help! i have been looking for the source code for Glide for windows but unable to find it on the web..i suspected as much, but i am sure some of you in here have it. :) anyway glad to be on this board and i hope to talk with some of you! bye for now!

lecram25
Average

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2003 :  02:19:41  Show Profile  Visit lecram25's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AFAIK, Glide was never released for windows. It was only released as open source for/under linux. I believe it was Colourless and/or Koolsmoky who ported it over to Windows...

| AMD Athlon XP (Barton) 2800+ @ 3200+ (11x200) | Cooler Master Jet 7 | ABIT NF7-S Rev 2.0 (nForce 2) | Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 | Sapphire ATi Radeon 9500np>9700np | Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 | 3dfx VoodooTV 200 PCI | Western Digital 40GB & 120GB HDD | Pioneer 106s DVD | LG 52x24x52 CDRW | Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT3500 Digital Speakers |
Go to Top of Page

usmsci
Novice

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2003 :  02:41:11  Show Profile  Visit usmsci's Homepage  Send usmsci an AOL message  Reply with Quote
how come they decided not to let out the source for Windows? just curious.. well i hope i can get in touch with them so i can possibly help them work on Glide in the win32 environment.. i hope they contact me. my AIM is available in my profile :)
Go to Top of Page

Mr_khyron
Novice

7 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2003 :  05:08:18  Show Profile  Visit Mr_khyron's Homepage  Reply with Quote
koolsmoky have always shared the source code you can download it from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/glide/
Go to Top of Page

usmsci
Novice

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2003 :  05:46:39  Show Profile  Visit usmsci's Homepage  Send usmsci an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thanks mr_kyron.. i went to his site and i will book mark it , since it seems the sites links are down for the moment..thanks again for the link...feel free anyone to contact me on AIM at UsmSci
Go to Top of Page

Amigamerlin

Italy

163 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2003 :  07:09:05  Show Profile  Visit Amigamerlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by usmsci

i am new to this board and was referred by pub34.ezboard off the x-3dfx boards. i am eagerly wanted to get familiar with the Glide API and do some programming in it. i think they said that Colourless and koolsmoky are doing the Glide coding over on this board? anyway i wanted to ask AmigaMerlin on possibly getting started helping on drivers or coding. coding is my forte, i have been involved in openGL programming either from college, hobbying(almost done with a game) and work experience. i am out of college now though and just working and hobbying with it. anyway i wont say more, i just know and feel that if these cards can run some or a lot of newer games today with updated drivers, although maybe not well, its a good start to something that could be great. i would like to be involved so let me know if you guys out there need help! i have been looking for the source code for Glide for windows but unable to find it on the web..i suspected as much, but i am sure some of you in here have it. :) anyway glad to be on this board and i hope to talk with some of you! bye for now!

Hi and welcome in this board where all think voodoo .
Great news, if you are a skilled coder you are welcome in our team .
Please keep in tuch with koolsmoky and Daniel Borca that are most representative team member : send an e-mail to koolsmoky@3dfxzone.it and dborca@3dfxzone.it with me in cc (Amigamerlin@3dfxzone.it) asking for join the team. They will answers ASAP with news for you, but as I said all the people that are skilled coders and want to help us joining the quest, all are welcome !!.

Bye

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000
Go to Top of Page

ArchAngelCD
Average

USA

228 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2003 :  08:51:37  Show Profile  Visit ArchAngelCD's Homepage  Send ArchAngelCD an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
usmsci,
I knew you would contact the people you were looking for, that's why I sent you here.

I'm glad you will be helping with the project.

Asus P4P800 i865PE | Intel 3.2 GHz P4C | 2048 Mb Kingston PC3200 Dual Channel DDR SRAM | 160 Gb Western Digital SATA HD | NEC ND-3520 16X DVD-RW | WinXP Pro SP2 | ATI Radeon X850 Pro | 6-channel AD1985 audio CODEC | 3Com 3C940 Gigabit LAN | Diamond Monster 3D II 24Mb SLI
Go to Top of Page

usmsci
Novice

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2003 :  04:13:35  Show Profile  Visit usmsci's Homepage  Send usmsci an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey amigamerlin i emailed all 3 of you!! hope to hear from you guys soon! once again thanks ARCHANGEL!! you really are an angel! :)
Go to Top of Page

ArchAngelCD
Average

USA

228 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2003 :  05:06:35  Show Profile  Visit ArchAngelCD's Homepage  Send ArchAngelCD an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote

Asus P4P800 i865PE | Intel 3.2 GHz P4C | 2048 Mb Kingston PC3200 Dual Channel DDR SRAM | 160 Gb Western Digital SATA HD | NEC ND-3520 16X DVD-RW | WinXP Pro SP2 | ATI Radeon X850 Pro | 6-channel AD1985 audio CODEC | 3Com 3C940 Gigabit LAN | Diamond Monster 3D II 24Mb SLI
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2003 :  15:06:23  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

hey amigamerlin i emailed all 3 of you!! hope to hear from you guys soon!

Yup! You should have by now...

quote:
once again thanks ARCHANGEL!! you really are an angel! :)

Yes; and I am one, too! "the carrier of light" (les connaisseurs will know what I mean perhaps Amiga )

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

koolsmoky

101 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2003 :  08:04:21  Show Profile  Visit koolsmoky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dborca

quote:

hey amigamerlin i emailed all 3 of you!! hope to hear from you guys soon!

Yup! You should have by now...

Yep

KoolSmoky
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums