Voodoo 5 and opengl 1.2

Started by nodiaque, 16 December 2003, 18:34:47

Previous topic - Next topic

nodiaque

Hi, I'm trying to play Neverwinter nights and I keep having error when running the test for the vcard. Also, when I start the game, all cinematics are grey, and when all cinematics are done, it close the game. I looked on the web site of nwn, it say that I need an opengl 1.2 compatible card. By looking at amiga driver, these are opengl 1.1...

Any help?

Tks

Voodoo 5 AGP 64 megs
Win 2k pro
p2 400 (soon upgrading that)
300 megs ram
Compaq ES Series
PII 400 mhz
128 megs
Voodoo 5 5500 64 megs AGP 4x, Amigamerlin drivers
Win 2k pro

bloodworm

NWN WILL work with the voodoo 5 but just barely.  get the latest update from the neverwinter nights web site and install this.  then to run the game you MUST run the desktop res one or two notches HIGHER than the game will be running eg. desktop 1024x768 and game 800x600 etc....  at this point the title screens will not come up anymore (black screen with music) but the game will now show up.  you just have to space bar your way through the titles.....  you can run the nwnsetup proggy from outside the game by double clicking on it.  after the update to the game. the "hardware/software" mouse thingy comes to you as a checkbox in the setup proggy.  to get the game to run at a lower res than the desktop, the setup proggy must be run and slections made then exited correctly to set up the games .ini's.  getting coulorless's OGL addon for the 3dfx 761 ICD helps a bit with the game too!  good luck.  by the way, I am running the 3dhq beta 10's in 98se.
Bloody Mess

nodiaque

hmmm.... I'm already in this configuration... but I found the problem... refresh rate was 60hz when my computer is set to 85hz....
Compaq ES Series
PII 400 mhz
128 megs
Win 2k pro

amp_man

Well, try it with desktop refresh rate at 60Hz. For XP users, this game runs quite slow and is easiest with the Microsoft drivers (although I've heard of people getting it to run under Amigamerlin drivers).
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

nodiaque

eu... I just said that I found the problem and it's solve... set the game refresh rate to 85hz
Compaq ES Series
PII 400 mhz
128 megs
Win 2k pro

nodiaque

hmmm... now there is another problem...

I don't see my cursor...

to enter the game, I must press space, if I click mouse, I will see one of the intro movie and I will crash... but then, no mouse in game (well, it's there, but I don't see it)
Compaq ES Series
PII 400 mhz
128 megs
Win 2k pro

Nightbird

You need to change the "Enable Hardware Mouse" line from "1" to "0" in the NWN.ini

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

nodiaque

yeah... saw that... but don't have to play in the ini, just remove the check in the check box saying "hardware mouse"...

by the way, what is that?
Compaq ES Series
PII 400 mhz
128 megs
Win 2k pro

batracio

Why make trillions when we could make... billions?

amp_man

It should be noted that this is MesaFX to which batracio refers, not OpenGL. It is a seperate library that takes the place of OpenGL, and supports more functions of the OpenGL API than the Amigamerlin or original 3dfx drivers did.
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

Rolo01

Could someone please test NWN with the new MesaFX ?

bloodworm

dudes, I'm all over the NWN testing just as soon as I get home tonight!!!!  sweeeet.....
Bloody Mess

bloodworm

rolo1,
   I'm getting page faults when trying to run NWN with the new MESA 0.51 openGL32.dll.  

"access violation at address 00000258 read of address FFFFFFFF"

a couple of other address's too. 00001400 and 00000403

the game then crashes with another error.

I CAN get the NWNconfig to work, but I get the access violations and click through them THEN the triangle comes up, which it never did before without a double image/crash with the 761 ICD.
Bloody Mess