Final Fantasy XI and Voodoo 5500

Started by DJSkitZ, 12 December 2003, 10:25:18

Previous topic - Next topic

DJSkitZ

I have a AMD Athlon 1.1, 256Mb Ram and a Voodoo 5, 5500... im currently running the iceman drivers... for under personal use, i have found them the most stable, however Final Fantasy XI requires TnL to run. I have tried Analyze3D, however, the playonline launcher starts the game, so there is no executable or batch file to target, is there any other method to overcome the TnL?

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by DJSkitZ

I have a AMD Athlon 1.1, 256Mb Ram and a Voodoo 5, 5500... im currently running the iceman drivers... for under personal use, i have found them the most stable, however Final Fantasy XI requires TnL to run. I have tried Analyze3D, however, the playonline launcher starts the game, so there is no executable or batch file to target, is there any other method to overcome the TnL?

Well You could better try AmigaMerlin 2.9 under Win98SE [:o)], in those drivers you have Geometry Assist which technally is Emulate T&L ;)  A very Nice option which I miss in AmigaMerlin 3.0XP.

AmigaMerlin 2.9 combined with Windows 98SE is the best 3dfx Voodoo combination I ever whittnessed, my PC is running extreemly stable for abou 7 months now,

P.S.
Great job on the Drivers AmigaMerlin and your Team!!!The Force is with you all
Powered By The Force, x-3dfx & The Jedi Academy

Vooduser

Just activate the Geometric Assist at the driver tools, this option IS the hardware Tnl, and not software Tnl as many people say, but some games simply don't recognize it, like Spider-Man the movie, if you try to open it without the geometric assist he will ask a Tnl capable card, then you activate the option, the game will run perfectly except the menu screen, that you'll need to use blindly (everything might be black, but just the menu, the game runs perfectly), maybe FF XI, don't recognize it (ít's a very remote chance), all the games I used the geometric assist, even in 3dmark2001 when you'l choose the acceleration mode will be there:
Hardware T&L and Software T&L.
What I'm trying to say with all this things, activate the geometric assist to play FF XI, and never believe in games that say that don't support voodoo cards because they don't have TnL!!!!
Believe I send a Email to Activision asking why Spider-Man the movie menu is black if the game runs perfectly and said that I have a voodoo4, they said that to me: It's impossible, there's no way to run Spider-Man The movie under voodoo cards, because they have no TNL, - and the best joke I'd ever heard -.... please check the box of your game and see if you really bough the Spiderman the movie, or if you bough the Spiderman game (the old game released for psone too).
What should we say about these freaks that don't even know the power of the old voodoos!?!?!?!?!?!?

amp_man

No, geometry assist is not hardware, it uses MMX/3D Now/S-something instructions to emulate TnL under DirectX 7.0, and it's extrememly buggy and incomplete at that.  OTOH, 3D Analyzer emulates perfectly HW TnL on all voodoo cards, under both 9x and 2k/XP (FYI, 2k/XP drivers don't have geo assist), and with any directx version. But also, remember that emulation, either with 3D analyze or geo assist, will always be slower than real HW TnL support, so the minimum requirements become somewhat higher.
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card