Poor FPS

Started by FBS, 10 December 2003, 14:06:53

Previous topic - Next topic

FBS

I am just trying out the new 3.0 drivers and so far they work well. The problem I have when playing with the FS9 flight sim I get real poor frame rates when I load the multiplayer software called squawkbox. Without this loaded the games plays with good FPS for my system size. I think the problem may be in the settings and I dont know where to start. I believe that it has something to do with running a 2d window in a 3d game maybe refresh rates or something like that because the FPS is good until I go to full screen.

My sytem is a 766mhz proc. w/512 ram running a Voodoo 5500 card, 1.18 bios and 3.0 drivers. all on a windows 2k pro OS.

amp_man

Are the FPS good in single player mode? I suspect this is more of a CPU or Internet connection bottleneck rather than an issue with the video card. Perhaps turning down detail levels in-game will help, but I'm not familiar with this particular game.
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

qrazi

did this problem also occur with your previous driver? perhaps the squawkbox software is badly coded?
ECS K7s5a@ 147 MHz, Athlon XP 1600+@1825+, Voodoo5 5500 @166 MHz, 512mb pc3200

FBS

Thank you for your input. After playing around for three days on this I have solved the problem by removing the Amigamer drivers. My game is back to normal FPS for the hardware that I have, with the Voodoolizer drivers. The 3dhq drivers work on my system as well.