3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo3 and Velocity Setup and tweaking
 Some Problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DopeJam
Novice

Bosnia and Herzegovina
23 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2003 :  19:56:08  Show Profile  Visit DopeJam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1. I've installed GTA: Vice city and it works fine first 5 minutes after that my screen freezes. Its runs maybe too fast :), also I cant see in left corner the text

2. I cant start silent hill 2 it kicks me back to desktop after 5 secunds

I have winxp sp1, dx 9, amigasport 3.0
amd athlon xp 2600+ barton, 512mb ddr ram (400mhz)
and....voodoo 3 3000 pci

can anybody help me?

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  18:51:26  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
with gta,you are out of luck.this game keeps freezing on v3 cards,nothing you can do about it..well,try to run it 640*480 with minimal details..
silent hill3 reqiures some features that are not available on v3,but you can try to emulate them with 3danalyze (get it here: http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/index.htm),you will be able to run the game if you are lucky,but the performance will be terrible.ask me,go and buy yourself a nice radeon9600..

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

Rolo01
Experienced

Germany

508 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  23:14:50  Show Profile  Visit Rolo01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to tell you, but if you were on Win98 you could try the 1.03 drivers for the V3, I heard of some success with them when playing GTA 3...
With Silent Hill 2 I tried everything, even modding the device.fix file, but had no luck to get it running on a 3dfx card...
It works on a TNT, so a V5 should be able to run it, too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums