New Glide and OpenGL DLL's?

Started by Raff3DC, 23 November 2006, 19:08:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Raff3DC

Well, SFFT continues his good work on the best Direct3D driver – but what about Glide and OpenGL? While testing I noticed that there is no "best" Glide DLL.

UT for example: The Glides included in the SFFT Alpha 42 are damn fast without FSAA ... but they lack of speed when using high resolutions and forcing 32 Bit causes artifacts. The Glides included in Alpha 41 are a little slower in 1024x768x16 but kick ass in 1600x1200x16 – but 32 Bit doesn't work at all (no effect)! The Glide XP finally is very slow, but 32 Bit works ... at cost of much speed. Is there anybody that can combine all of these abilities into one or even improve it? Koolsmoky maybe?

And what about MesaFX? Is the project still alive? I hope so! I think it has much potential. Forcable FXT1 would boost Call of Duty & co. Are there any newer drivers or working alternatives?

Where are all the people that built great drivers in the past? If the last ones stop developing ... 3dfx will be dead. Ultimately. Forever. [xx(]

Greetings from Germany,
Raff
The biggest Voodoo5 6000 test ever: http://3dcenter.de/artikel/voodoo5-6000/

Obi-Wan Kenobi

very good point Raff3DC, espeacially for usage in later Operating Systems a new glide and OpenGL driver would ber very usable not to forget Wicked3D and MesaFX.