3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo3 and Velocity Discussions
 Best drivers for voodoo 3 1000 AGP 2X ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Julien Grassot
Novice

France
3 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2003 :  13:13:27  Show Profile  Visit Julien Grassot's Homepage  Send Julien Grassot an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I'm new on 3dfxzone.it. I post this topic because I'm looking for drivers for my card : voodoo 3 1000 AGP 2X. And I've foud this comunity by google.

So, I will install windows 2000 on my computer, and I need drivers for this card. I've found on your site that their is several drivers : Infidelity, Amigasport 3.0 XP, 3Dhq 1.09 beta 10 and Amigamerlin 2.5 SE. I want explanation on these drivers, and your experienc using them, please.

wich are the best ? what are the good or bad of them ? I do install wich driver ?

sorry, if I haven't found these responses on your site, and if I disturb you without finding informations before !

thanks,

julien

aporte
Novice

Italy
20 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2003 :  13:55:30  Show Profile  Visit aporte's Homepage  Send aporte an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hi and wellcome in this comunity , your card are fully supported by AmigaSport 3.0 XP drivers.

Try to install it

If you have a problem I'm here

Bye bye
Go to Top of Page

Julien Grassot
Novice

France
3 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2003 :  15:01:44  Show Profile  Visit Julien Grassot's Homepage  Send Julien Grassot an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thanks for your quick response ! I notice the community is very active .

I've just one more question : what is the difference between Amigasport and 3Dhq ?

And I've one suggestion (to the webmaster) : if amigasport support voodoo 3 1000, it will be cool if it was noticed (for the moment it is just noticed : The Amigasport XP v. 3.0 Final Release allows 3dfx Voodoo3 Series configuration (2000, 3000, 3500TV cards) with Windows 2000/XP based systems).

thanks a lot,

julien
Go to Top of Page

Rolo01
Experienced

Germany

508 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2003 :  15:34:07  Show Profile  Visit Rolo01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Amigasport driver is newer than the 3dhq, and contains some improvements for the tv-out and video overlays, as well as newer glide files...
Go to Top of Page

Julien Grassot
Novice

France
3 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2003 :  11:39:24  Show Profile  Visit Julien Grassot's Homepage  Send Julien Grassot an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hello,

I've had a response on the "web on DriverGuide.com" web site :

Drivers for this vid card seem to be a problem, specially for win 2k or xp. You might try the old web site for 3dfx that refers you to Nvidia's site. The Vid card is a good one but the drivers are a problem for newer operating systems. The only drivers that work with XP are the drivers Microsoft supplies and none of the options work or are accessable.

I no longer own the computer or the vid card so I can't be of much help. But as I remember the DVD drivers & player also didn't work for win 2k or XP. Thanks Microsoft!

I hope he didn't know Amigasport ! But, because it was't explicitely written on the drivers description page of amigasport... you're sure that it was tested with voodoo 3 1000 ?

I didn't want to be anoying, but, because I'll go with RWs CD with drivers installing a PC far away in a little city, by a personne who has'nt internet, I don't want to make mistake, and I want to success at the firt time

thanks a lot for your responses,

julien
Go to Top of Page

Rolo01
Experienced

Germany

508 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2003 :  15:39:13  Show Profile  Visit Rolo01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All Voodoo3 chips are basically the same. They differ only in clockrate and memory amount.
For example, a V3-3500 runs at 183 Mhz with 16 MB, a Velocity 100 runs at 125 Mhz with 8 MB Ram. You can use the AmigaSport driver with all V3 versions, even if the operating system tells you that the driver is not written for that kind of hardware.
Trust me, I had this problem a few weeks ago. I installed a V3-3000 PCI and wanted to use the 1.07 xdfx drivers on Win98. The OS told me the drivers wont match the hardware, but I ignored this and it works flawlessly...
Anyway, if you make a CD-RW burn some addional drivers for the V3 on it, this way you have an alternative, just in case something goes wrong...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums