ThunderGL

Started by Geri, 11 November 2006, 03:08:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Geri

I not yet tried it with voodoo cards, but i will check it tomorrow.

Geri

-some bugs in the Vertex Buffer Object pipeline emulation fixed.
-I found a nasty way to speed up the Vertex Buffer Object pipeline on cards, that dont support it at the extension level. VBO compatible applications now will get speed gain too with the old cards with thundergl. Speed gain is around 250%.
-cards with geometry chip (old Wildcat series) or TnL chip (some old Voodoo2/Voodoo3, S3 series) from now will be use that geometry unit to display the vertex buffer object pipeline (speed up.)
-some segmentation faults has been eliminated
-new multitexturing bugs fixed
-some other bugs, related to the VBO pipeline is being fixed

Geri

oh, and i didnt sayed yet: i will start to sell some driver sets, based on thundergl, a few months later (2$ :P)

But of course, the mods for the 3dfx cards will stay free :D :P

benna

The whole 3dfx community will appreciate this;):D
my PC:
AMD Athlon64 3200+ - ASUS K8V-Deluxe - 1GB DDR400 - 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

3DAnalyze user guide http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/articles/template.php?id=5

ggab

yes, for SURE!

:)

kalte

This looks very promising! keep the good work!
DFI Infinity nForce4 UltraII M2 || Athlon 64 X2 5000 || 2GB RAM (2x1024) DDR2  || HDD 40GB || LG DVD Writer || Voodoo3 2000 PCI @ V3 3000

Geri

OpenGL driver to Intergraph / 3Dlabs Intense3D Wildcat 4100, 4110, 4210, 4xxx series
(only for this cards!)

-OpenGL 1.3
-multitexture
-hardware vertex buffering
-some apps: texture compression
-integrated geometry coprocessor from opengl applications

some screenshots:

(this will be implemented later to ThunderGL!)

benna

Wow impressive[:0] Good job!
my PC:
AMD Athlon64 3200+ - ASUS K8V-Deluxe - 1GB DDR400 - 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

3DAnalyze user guide http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/articles/template.php?id=5

Jules

Can i use this opengl 'driver' on my Trident blade I7 from my old laptop ? and gives this any advantages.

greets

Jules

I have a second question.

If ThunderGL is not an option for my trident blade I7 on my old laptop. Is there an other option to speed up D3d or Opengl.

The way of thinking is this:

Games that run on that trident blade 8MB card does require no more than a pentium 166mmx to run good. That laptop is 500Mhz. So games that will run on that laptop don't need all the CPU power. I search a driver/wrapper that speeds op D3D or Opengl by using some CPU power.
Or is this a stupid question i ask ??

greets

Jules

Geri

Of course, its not a stupid question. Sorry, for i was incorrect, and not told all information fully about the newest series from these drivers.

The ThunderGL - latest updated a few months ago. Its for 3dfx cards mostly, and a few other cards. ONLY for those cards, that you see in the directory structure of the thundergl-s rar, and only for those games, that you see in the directory-s.
No, its not compatible with Trident cards, only if you got luck.

The linked Wildcat 4110 driver: that driver isnt freeware, and its ONLY for the Wildcat 4110 series. The linked file is a trial version, that alows you to play with the wildcat series for a 5 mins. (this is NOT the thundergl, but i isnt wanted to start a new topic for them)

3dfx cards: Died out. Nothing to do currently. 3dfx enhancements are go to thundergl, and they will stay freeware.

Another cards: i dont have all cards at here, at home. I can write driver enhancements to almost all cards, but i need a few days with the specified card. So, if you have a laptop, i probably need a remote admin interface to your laptop, with full rights to control your machine, and full support of you, saying, what you see, commentig the bugs, etc. In this case, the drivers of course is FREE for you :D (you get serial for it) But you cannot share them to other persons, and i probably will sell that driver for other peoples. (this is NOT the thundergl, but i isnt wanted to start a new topic for them)

Rolo01

Geri,
some time ago you talked about flashing a V4 or V5 with another PCI-ID to get Farcry running on a voodoo card. Did you continue that project ?

Geri

QuoteOriginally posted by Rolo01

Geri,
some time ago you talked about flashing a V4 or V5 with another PCI-ID to get Farcry running on a voodoo card. Did you continue that project ?

Hi, no, my voodoo5 is died, before i begin that project.

I hope, every voodoo goes to heaven :D

m14radu

Hi Geri,

Can you adapt your driver for the AAlchemy card ?
Those cards are awensome, but there is no XP driver for them.

Btw, related to the farcry project on voodoo. What do u need ?
Br.
Radu.
Follow your dreams !