NWN2

Started by OctavianBear, 06 November 2006, 22:51:03

Previous topic - Next topic

OctavianBear

Hey this software is cool! I think NWN2 has got to be a real pain for a lot of people at the moment and a lot of it is to do with the video card requirements. Any tips as to how to change the settings so that it makes NWN2 happy please?

Red4

I've put the next options, using nwn2main.exe

Download Attachment: analyzernwn2.JPG
154.46 KB ¹

However, as my video card memory is half the required, I get in mid the message it could perform poorly and closes it, but the T&L and D3D error thing is passed :).
This makes me ask if it could be possible to add to the program a switch to return high videocard memory value when it's tested byt the game. Of course, I mean when game asks OS "how many video memory you have?", that 3danalyze shuts up the comp to answer truth and answers "enough for you, chump". So it's possible to go on and try luck.

¹I've uploaded the image as file attachment because the image file upload said I'm not logged.

wildcat

Well I did just like you, but I get the atl east 512mbram message even though i do have 512mb ram and the the game exits to the desktop, no error messages. Any ideas??

Red4

You may attempt to set the VendorID and DeviceID to ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (4098 and 20040, respectively).
Reading a thread in the official forums of the game there is a bunch of people with unsu`pported cards, and some answers makes me this tingling suspicion that the game is also checking the mode to be one of the supported so if it's not one of them it will close the game even if you have verything it needs. But this is just a suspicion I don't think being actually right.

Red4

Ah, my primitive graphic card, with that passes the D3D message, with the registry change suggested in the bioware forums it passes the less than 128VRAM.
But then everything is white.
And with force wireframe I don't see the texts.

jedi009

When I run it said "error while injecting dll into process",do you know why
don't have one

laclongquan

My version of Neverwinter Nights 2 got exactly that kind of error message from using 3D analyze. Upgrade dotNet Framework to 3.5 and it run like a champ, again.