3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 Noob questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HercTNT
Novice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2003 :  03:27:53  Show Profile  Visit HercTNT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok. i know that creative labs made drivers for the voodoo2 that allowed higher than 512x512 textures. Thier were also rumors of higher than 16bit color support. I also remember that 3dfx and kyro 2 cards had drivers that used the sse and 3dnow instructions on processors to simulate or act as a Transformation and lighting unit on these cards that did not have one. does anyone know if it would be possible to implement such things for the voodoo2 card? I did not see a forum for the fast voodoo2 drivers so i figured here was as good as any.

lecram25
Average

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2003 :  07:56:47  Show Profile  Visit lecram25's Homepage  Reply with Quote
3danalyze does all the tnl (and other stuff) emulation...

http://www.tommti-systems.de/start.html

EDIT: but I've never tried it with a Voodoo 2...

| AMD Athlon XP (Barton) 2800+ @ 3200+ (11x200) | Cooler Master Jet 7 | ABIT NF7-S Rev 2.0 (nForce 2) | Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 | Sapphire ATi Radeon 9500np>9700np | Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 | 3dfx VoodooTV 200 PCI | Western Digital 40GB & 120GB HDD | Pioneer 106s DVD | LG 52x24x52 CDRW | Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT3500 Digital Speakers |
Go to Top of Page

Glide
Web Admin

Napoli

24448 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2003 :  14:06:58  Show Profile  Visit Glide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At the moment the only way to use some tnl games with Voodoo2 chip-set is, as lecram25 writes, 3D-Analyze. Of course, this tool allows Voodoo2 running only few titles and requires a Windows 9X environment for Direct3D based software.

quote:
know that creative labs made drivers for the voodoo2 that allowed higher than 512x512 textures

Creative has developed a miniGL (now on line on 3dfxzone.it Voodoo2/Tweak page) that enables V2/V2 SLI support for risolution higher than 1024x768. For example you can play with it Heretic II at 1600x1200 using a single 3dfx accellerator.

quote:
I did not see a forum for the fast voodoo2 drivers so i figured here was as good as any.

Just jump here: http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/default.asp?CAT_ID=17

Finally, welcome in this board

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Join us! | 3dfxzone.it | hwsetup.it | forumzone.it
Go to Top of Page

HercTNT
Novice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2003 :  23:44:08  Show Profile  Visit HercTNT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the response guys. yea, i have played with 3d analyze alittle bit. i realize i'm asking for alot, but i love my voodoo's and was hoping it was possible to implement these features into the drivers instead of a 3rd party program. OH well. i did forget to ask. i know that nvidia allows pc card to draw from system memory through the drivers. is this all done is software, or do the nvidia pci cards have a special feature to allow this. if not, could the voodoo's draw from system memory? thanks again for you help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums