Noob questions

Started by HercTNT, 19 November 2003, 03:27:53

Previous topic - Next topic

HercTNT

ok. i know that creative labs made drivers for the voodoo2 that allowed higher than 512x512 textures. Thier were also rumors of higher than 16bit color support.  I also remember that 3dfx and kyro 2 cards had drivers that used the sse and 3dnow instructions on processors to simulate or act as a Transformation and lighting unit on these cards that did not have one.  does anyone know if it would be possible to implement such things for the voodoo2 card?  I did not see a forum for the fast voodoo2 drivers so i figured here was as good as any.

lecram25

3danalyze does all the tnl (and other stuff) emulation...

http://www.tommti-systems.de/start.html

EDIT: but I've never tried it with a Voodoo 2...
| AMD Athlon XP (Barton) 2800+ @ 3200+ (11x200) | Cooler Master Jet 7 | ABIT NF7-S Rev 2.0 (nForce 2) | Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 | Sapphire ATi Radeon 9500np>9700np | Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 | 3dfx VoodooTV 200 PCI | Western Digital 40GB & 120GB HDD | Pioneer 106s DVD | LG 52x24x52 CDRW | Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT3500 Digital Speakers |

Glide

At the moment the only way to use some tnl games with Voodoo2 chip-set is, as lecram25 writes, 3D-Analyze. Of course, this tool allows Voodoo2 running only few titles and requires a Windows 9X environment for Direct3D based software.

Quoteknow that creative labs made drivers for the voodoo2 that allowed higher than 512x512 textures

Creative has developed a miniGL (now on line on 3dfxzone.it Voodoo2/Tweak page) that enables V2/V2 SLI support for risolution higher than 1024x768. For example you can play with it Heretic II at 1600x1200 using a single 3dfx accellerator.

QuoteI did not see a forum for the fast voodoo2 drivers so i figured here was as good as any.

Just jump here: http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/default.asp?CAT_ID=17

Finally, welcome in this board ;)

HercTNT

Thanks for the response guys.  yea, i have played with 3d analyze alittle bit. i realize i'm asking for alot, but i love my voodoo's and was hoping it was possible to implement these features into the drivers instead of a 3rd party program.  OH well. i did forget to ask. i know that nvidia allows pc card to draw from system memory through the drivers.  is this all done is software, or do the nvidia pci cards have a special feature to allow this.  if not, could the voodoo's draw from system memory?  thanks again for you help.