Brightness / Gama with Voodoo 3

Started by notepad.exe, 24 October 2006, 03:21:11

Previous topic - Next topic

notepad.exe

Hello,

I'm running Windows Server 2003 w/ SP1 with a Voodoo 3 3000 (16mb 2xAGP,) and the latest SFFT drivers (Alpha 41, I believe?)

My problem is the gamma, or brightness. It's so low that I can't hardly see anything when I'm in a game. Windows even appears somewhat dark even though I set the gamma / brightness as high as it can go in the game and on my monitor.

What else can I do? I'm using V.Control as a control panel which has a control for the rgb values but I'm not sure if that can brighten the screen up or not. I tried increasing them all equally, thinking low means dark high means bright but that hypothesis fell appart:/

Any advice? Thanks.
Pentium III @550Mhz/100Mhz;
MSi-6163 v1.0/100Mhz;
386mb SDRAM@133Mhz;
Voodoo3 3000 2xAGP w/16mb;
Windows NT v5.2 w/ SP1.

ps47

..just a stupid question,have you applied the settings in vcontrol before exiting? I always forget to do that [|)]

notepad.exe

Hello ps47 and thanks for replying!

Before noticing your reply, I had decided to try out another set of software for my system. I chose the AmigaMerlin v2.5 package as it also included 3dfx Tools. The package installed fine and I used 3dfx Tools to increase the brigthness as desired.

I'd like to point out to anyone interested in Windows NT 5.x as a gaming platform for their legacy systems that with both of these setups (SFFT Alpha 41 and AmigaMerlin v2.5,) I had quite impressive performance:)

Unfortunatly though, Unreal Tournament (w/ latest updates applied,) is the only real test platform I have at this time. Well, along with Diablo & Starcraft but those run on anything hehe.
Pentium III @550Mhz/100Mhz;
MSi-6163 v1.0/100Mhz;
386mb SDRAM@133Mhz;
Voodoo3 3000 2xAGP w/16mb;
Windows NT v5.2 w/ SP1.