3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo2 Discussions
 Disappointed :(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Voodoo2Powah
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2003 :  14:23:54  Show Profile  Visit Voodoo2Powah's Homepage  Send Voodoo2Powah an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
For the last 3 days I have been trying to work with my voodoo2 but with no luck...
I have tried a dozen unofficial drivers and none worked for me...
So finally I decided to make a multiboot system and have win98 just to use my voodoo2...but not even that worked...
After several formats and windows installations, I stil couldnt get the damn thing to work on win98....

I am really disappointed and ready to give up...
Let me tell you what the deal s for me :
I use the PC 90% of the time to play Diablo 2.
So I want to play it in Glide which is far better than D3D...

Thats my sole purpose, having good FPS in Glide in Diablo2 ....nothing else matters, I just want this...

Can you help me achieve it? I would do anything...even buy a new Voodoo card...

I dont get it, even when I installed win98 the official drivers werent working with Diablo2.... (i read somewhere they got a problem with Athlon...). Ok so I try unofficial fixed for athlon....not working either... then I try a bunch of other drivers....same ****...

In WinXP no more luck of course...

GRRRRR I WANNA PLAY D2 IN GLIDE!!! how was I able to play it 3 years ago in a P2 333MHz system and I cant play it now FFS???
What more should i do?

Will buying a Voodoo 5 5500 be a solution? does it have XP drivers or anything to help more than voodoo2?

Lastly let me tell you my system configuration and ask a couple of questions :
Abit NF7-S
Athlon XP2500+ @ 2200MHz
1Gb PC3200 RAM 2-2-2-5
Radeon 9700 pro

Ok, now a few questions :
Is there some online shop that stil sells Voodoo cards?
If I get a Voodoo5 5500 PCI can I use it in conjunction with the radeon and when I play Glide games, have it used?
What's the deal with Voodoo 5 6000? Can you get 1? does it work?

Please help me, I desperately need to get out of this D3D **** with Diablo 2...

Voodoo2Powah
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2003 :  14:41:37  Show Profile  Visit Voodoo2Powah's Homepage  Send Voodoo2Powah an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I can't even get it to work in Windows 98 with the original drivers provided by Creative Labs!!!
I can't understand why the **** it doesnt even workj with them.... 3 years ago it worked just fine...
Is it a problem with the rest of my system setup that makes all those drivers not work?
Go to Top of Page

procerus
Novice

18 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2003 :  18:19:26  Show Profile  Visit procerus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would guess that the card is fried. Have you always stored it properly and taken ESD precautions when handling it?

Can you try it in another system?

AFAIK a Voodoo2 will work under Windows 98 in nearly any machine. There were some difficulties with 133fsb speeds. But mine works here on a double 400fsb perfectly.

Sorry not to be more help. If the card fails to work in another system you can pick another one up pretty cheap on eBay.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums