3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo3 and Velocity Setup and tweaking
 Which DirectX to use?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Friday
Novice

Croatia

27 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  19:55:06  Show Profile  Visit Friday's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have celeron 433 cpu, 192 MB ram, voodoo3 3000 @190Mhz, dx 9.0, 4.12.01.1213 version of drivers (they were on CD I got with v3 card). I was wondering which DirectX should I use. I was using DirectX 8.1, and when I installed 9.0 i noticed slight drop of 3DMark score (99 max). How should I know in the future (if I change something in my PC) which DirectX is best choice for my computer? How that depends on cpu, memory, graphics card, driver version? I believe this is something people should know.

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  23:28:41  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You can already upgrade your drivers, perhaps also more Ram (256 mo)
About DirX, i would say that often, you have no choice in reality : the last games WANT DirX9 and in first this is completely independant of your machine.
But your celeron 433 will be rapidly the first boottleneck even under OpenGl because the last games are simply demanding.

Network powered by 3Dfx and AMD

Go to Top of Page

Friday
Novice

Croatia

27 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2003 :  16:40:32  Show Profile  Visit Friday's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've tried Amigamerlin 2.9, but my 3DMark score went down for almost 15%. Now why is that? Should I try some other drivers? I'm downloading voodoolizer 1.05.00 right now. I'll try them all. I know my cpu is boottleneck, and I'm doing my best to find a 533 Mhz version or P2 500 (is there such P2?).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums