Any BIOS setting that affect games looks ?

Started by alex869, 17 September 2006, 00:34:03

Previous topic - Next topic

alex869

I just installed a second hand 5 5500, and tried a few driver brand from this site. Played with all the settings in the Overdrive software, and :
I still see UNCLEAR LOOKS in games, like the demo of "NFS II SE", "NFS III", "Carmageddon 2" . . . it's like "Not clear", not Sharp" enough the way I remember it on the Voodoo 3 chip on another PC.
===============================================================
DOES ANY SETTING IN THE BIOS ALSO AFFECTS THE VOODOO PERFORMANCE ? ? ?
Tnx ahead.:)

Nightbird

If you're using the 3dfx tools, try to play with '3D Filter Quality' (->  high) and 'Alpha Blending' (-> sharper).
'Level of Detail Bias' can be very interesting : lower setting (< 0) will give sharper textures (at the cost of speed) ; higher setting (> 0) will give best performance (more speed) (but more blurred textures).

In short, 3dfx tools can affect games performances (speed and image quality).

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Glide

- alex869: welcome :)

About your question:
DOES ANY SETTING IN THE BIOS ALSO AFFECTS THE VOODOO PERFORMANCE ? ? ?

Response is "Yes". Of course, bios settings can improve performances of many devices, including video cards and Voodoo cards too. But your settings are related to bios manufacturer and, at last, to motherboard maker. So please write about your motherboard model number so we can suggest right configuration. Besides, most important settings are these connected to cpu, ram and chip-set behavior.

Of course, I agree with Nightbird: her words help you to optimize Voodoo performaces at "Windows level".

Bye Bye

PS: Ciao Nightbird! ;)