3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Setup and tweaking
 Any BIOS setting that affect games looks ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alex869
Novice

Israel
1 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2006 :  00:34:03  Show Profile  Visit alex869's Homepage  Send alex869 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I just installed a second hand 5 5500, and tried a few driver brand from this site. Played with all the settings in the Overdrive software, and :
I still see UNCLEAR LOOKS in games, like the demo of "NFS II SE", "NFS III", "Carmageddon 2" . . . it's like "Not clear", not Sharp" enough the way I remember it on the Voodoo 3 chip on another PC.
===============================================================
DOES ANY SETTING IN THE BIOS ALSO AFFECTS THE VOODOO PERFORMANCE ? ? ?
Tnx ahead.

Edited by - alex869 on 17/09/2006 04:56:54

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2006 :  13:31:53  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If you're using the 3dfx tools, try to play with '3D Filter Quality' (-> high) and 'Alpha Blending' (-> sharper).
'Level of Detail Bias' can be very interesting : lower setting (< 0) will give sharper textures (at the cost of speed) ; higher setting (> 0) will give best performance (more speed) (but more blurred textures).

In short, 3dfx tools can affect games performances (speed and image quality).

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Edited by - Nightbird on 19/09/2006 13:49:28
Go to Top of Page

Glide
Web Admin

Napoli

24422 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2006 :  19:13:42  Show Profile  Visit Glide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
- alex869: welcome :)

About your question:
quote:

DOES ANY SETTING IN THE BIOS ALSO AFFECTS THE VOODOO PERFORMANCE ? ? ?

Response is "Yes". Of course, bios settings can improve performances of many devices, including video cards and Voodoo cards too. But your settings are related to bios manufacturer and, at last, to motherboard maker. So please write about your motherboard model number so we can suggest right configuration. Besides, most important settings are these connected to cpu, ram and chip-set behavior.

Of course, I agree with Nightbird: her words help you to optimize Voodoo performaces at "Windows level".

Bye Bye

PS: Ciao Nightbird! ;)

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Join us! | 3dfxzone.it | hwsetup.it | forumzone.it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums