how many in total exist voodoo rampage?

Started by nano30, 05 November 2003, 22:35:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Obi-Wan Kenobi

QuoteOriginally posted by sloomy

QuoteOriginally posted by lecram25
The point is, I'm pretty sure they destroyed them ;)

i don#t think so, they haven't destroy them, some have gone to Quantum3D and are stocked there, and some are also by Nvidia. But non eof them are destroyed. [?]

Well okay if none of them are destroyed...is there real proof or evidence on that theorie?

May The Force Be With You...Always.

Ben Kenobi.
Powered By The Force, x-3dfx & The Jedi Academy

amp_man

[:(!]Star wars geeks[:(!]
(jk)
i kinda doubt that nvidia destroyed all the 3dfx cards they got, it would make more sense to sell them to Quantum3d (although this is nvidia we're talking about). however, if they did keep some, for some odd reason, there's no reason to keep them, they probably went in the garbage or something.

When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

lecram25

Yes, nVidia most probably destroyed the most of them...and the ones that Q3d got were directly from 3dfx...

| AMD Athlon XP (Barton) 2800+ @ 3200+ (11x200) | Cooler Master Jet 7 | ABIT NF7-S Rev 2.0 (nForce 2) | Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 | Sapphire ATi Radeon 9500np>9700np | Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 | 3dfx VoodooTV 200 PCI | Western Digital 40GB & 120GB HDD | Pioneer 106s DVD | LG 52x24x52 CDRW | Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT3500 Digital Speakers |

sloomy

Do they have really  destroy  them  all !!!! ok how can you prove  this `? Or is this also  a theory of your ?

lecram25

OMFG! What else do you think they'd do with outdated tech? Frame each and every single one and mount them on a wall? Get real!

| AMD Athlon XP (Barton) 2800+ @ 3200+ (11x200) | Cooler Master Jet 7 | ABIT NF7-S Rev 2.0 (nForce 2) | Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 | Sapphire ATi Radeon 9500np>9700np | Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 | 3dfx VoodooTV 200 PCI | Western Digital 40GB & 120GB HDD | Pioneer 106s DVD | LG 52x24x52 CDRW | Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT3500 Digital Speakers |

amp_man

I must agree with lecram: there's no way to know what happened to 3dfx's inventory or the card's that were handed in during the "trade-up" program. it is useless to argue the point, because nobody can be proven, or disproven, as correct.

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

nano30

Amigamerlin

QuoteOriginally posted by dborca

QuoteOriginally posted by nano30

Hmmm... I know there is one in Italy! I know the guy, but I cannot give his name! Sorry! ;)

Daniel Borca

Eheheh I must correct it !! THE_ONLY_ONE is in italy :D there is only one prototipe that works  and IT is in italy !! On the home page of 3dfxzone.it you can see the mini review of it !! [8D]

About the price .. Actually the owner don't want to sell it but if he decide to sell the price can be MUCH_HIGHER, MUCH MUCH HIGHER!!

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000
Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000

lecram25

QuoteOriginally posted by Amigamerlin

Hmmm... I know there is one in Italy! I know the guy, but I cannot give his name! Sorry! ;)

Daniel Borca

Eheheh I must correct it !! THE_ONLY_ONE is in italy :D there is only one prototipe that works  and IT is in italy !! On the home page of 3dfxzone.it you can see the mini review of it !! [8D]

About the price .. Actually the owner don't want to sell it but if he decide to sell the price can be MUCH_HIGHER, MUCH MUCH HIGHER!!

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000

Only one huh?

Look carefully! Especially on the bios, notice how the writing...notice that it's the same handwriting, but they're obviously different...
If you want the full res scans I'll post em...

Amigamerlin

QuoteOriginally posted by lecram25

QuoteOriginally posted by Amigamerlin

Daniel Borca

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000

Only one huh?

Look carefully! Especially on the bios, notice how the writing...notice that it's the same handwriting, but they're obviously different...
If you want the full res scans I'll post em...

are you trying to get smart with me ?
boy I have had the card in my hand you have see it only in photo !!

the card are 2 different version and the only one that works correctly is the second one (with fan) . The first is only a prototype and seems don't works correctly !!
However the real working Rampage NEED a dongle too to correctly view the colour !!

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000
Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000

nano30

amigamerlin ,hello
which you have the first or the second one ?
you have the dongle too ?
this run in 200mhz or more ?
what fssa run ?

thanks

Amigamerlin

amigamerlin ,hello
which you have the first or the second one ?
the second but I don't have it ;).. my friend have it :D!!
Quoteyou have the dongle too ?
yes He has the Dongle
Quotethis run in 200mhz or more ?
I don't remember
Quotewhat fssa run ?
I don't remember

Bye

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000
Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000

amp_man

hehe, lecram got owned! lmao

so, would the other Rampage work with adongle, or do you know? also, why didn't 3dfx build the dongle into the card itself?

somebody from 3dfx for answer ?

lecram25

amp_man, stay out of this...

Amiga, you said

QuoteEheheh I must correct it !! THE_ONLY_ONE is in italy  there is only one prototipe that works and IT is in italy !! On the home page of 3dfxzone.it you can see the mini review of it !!

Your initial statement says that there's only one card...so how do you figure when a whole bunch of us at x3dfx know for sure that there are two cards, and those two pics prove it...I didn't say two working cards, all I said was that there were two!

Amigamerlin

QuoteOriginally posted by amp_man

so, would the other Rampage work with adongle, or do you know? also, why didn't 3dfx build the dongle into the card itself?

somebody from 3dfx for answer ?

The other Rampage seems to have big probelm !! ... The working rampage was a prototipe. Because an CHIP error some signal was inverted on Silicon .. and the External Dongle reconvert it in the right way !! I suppose 3DFX thinking to place all in order in the next release of the chip but They didn't have had the time [V]. They close their door after a while !!

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000
Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000