V2 not using any resources

Started by iets, 21 August 2006, 18:56:13

Previous topic - Next topic

iets

I've recently installed my old V2 12MB in a PIII with BX440 mobo. But i cannot get it to work properly.
I've installed the FV2 XP 4GE as instructed ans i got the memory error. So I installed the patch but that didn't help at all. :(

I tried a lot of different drivers and put the V2 in another PCI slot but that didn't help either.

In the device manager under 'status' it says the device is functioning correctly. But under resources it says the device does not use any resouces because it is not fuctioning correctly... :S

Someone plz help, i cannot game with a ati rage pro 8MB :(. Need voodoo powers.>!

iets

yes, i have XP SP2.

Here's a screenshot for those who can read dutch language :P.

ps47

uninstall all your voodoo2 drivers (add or remove programs in your control panel) and install koolsmoky's voodoo2 driver (go here to get it) via "update driver" in your device manager.see if that helps.

what games have you tried so far?

iets

The driver didn't change anything. I've tried sega GT, Delta (psx emulator) and V2 demos that came with the fastvoodoo driver.

Nightbird

A conflict in the resources ?
Do you have any IRQ shared by many devices (like a Nic) ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Glide

Please try installing Voodoo2 in another system: card could be broken...also if it's displayed in Device Manager.

iets

The irqs:

There is no other system where I can try the V2 in currently. Maybe in a few days i can.

ps47

voodoo2 does not need an irq,so conflicting irqs cannot be the problem.