3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo2 Setup and tweaking
 V2 not using any resources
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iets
Novice

Netherlands
4 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2006 :  18:56:13  Show Profile  Visit iets's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've recently installed my old V2 12MB in a PIII with BX440 mobo. But i cannot get it to work properly.
I've installed the FV2 XP 4GE as instructed ans i got the memory error. So I installed the patch but that didn't help at all. :(

I tried a lot of different drivers and put the V2 in another PCI slot but that didn't help either.

In the device manager under 'status' it says the device is functioning correctly. But under resources it says the device does not use any resouces because it is not fuctioning correctly... :S

Someone plz help, i cannot game with a ati rage pro 8MB :(. Need voodoo powers.>!

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2006 :  18:07:11  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
are you running xp?

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

iets
Novice

Netherlands
4 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2006 :  01:14:26  Show Profile  Visit iets's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes, i have XP SP2.

Here's a screenshot for those who can read dutch language :P.

Go to Top of Page

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2006 :  19:26:11  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
uninstall all your voodoo2 drivers (add or remove programs in your control panel) and install koolsmoky's voodoo2 driver (go here to get it) via "update driver" in your device manager.see if that helps.

what games have you tried so far?

Edited by - ps47 on 24/08/2006 19:26:50
Go to Top of Page

iets
Novice

Netherlands
4 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2006 :  03:06:25  Show Profile  Visit iets's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The driver didn't change anything. I've tried sega GT, Delta (psx emulator) and V2 demos that came with the fastvoodoo driver.
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2006 :  23:41:34  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A conflict in the resources ?
Do you have any IRQ shared by many devices (like a Nic) ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Glide
Web Admin

Napoli

24404 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  00:54:26  Show Profile  Visit Glide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please try installing Voodoo2 in another system: card could be broken...also if it's displayed in Device Manager.

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Join us! | 3dfxzone.it | hwsetup.it | forumzone.it
Go to Top of Page

iets
Novice

Netherlands
4 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  16:18:11  Show Profile  Visit iets's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The irqs:

There is no other system where I can try the V2 in currently. Maybe in a few days i can.
Go to Top of Page

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  23:05:33  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
voodoo2 does not need an irq,so conflicting irqs cannot be the problem.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums