commandos 3 and voodoo 5 5500

Started by blob, 03 November 2003, 22:47:40

Previous topic - Next topic

blob

SOrry for my english

Someone can tell me why commandos 3 doesn't works perfectly on voodoo 5 5500[?]

The game run bat i don't see ... soldiers, motor vehicles, animated object.

The game is no demo, system pIII 933mhz, 512Mbyte RAM, hard disc OK,
windows ME, directx9.

thanks for your replies.
(in italian if you can, or english is good)

hello!??!
hello!??!

qrazi

i tried the demo, and i saw the same problem. my guess is the active objects (soldiers etc.) use a directx 8.1 or 9 feature which isnt supported by voodoo drivers. i tried 3danalyzer as well, but it didnt help... perhaps you could try it as well...

ECS K7s5a@ 147 MHz, Athlon XP 1600+@1825+, Voodoo5 5500 @166 MHz, 512mb pc3200

blob

:)thanks, qrazi, for your reply.:)
when i have posted here my msg, after time i have doed a search on Web!  which thing I have uncovered? The voodoo, matrox and another grafic cards are not supported from commandos 3[:(!].
see your self:
http://www.eidos.co.uk/support/faqinfo.html?fqid=238&gmid=135
this is a beautiful surprise: i have two PC,one has the voodoo and other has the matrox[:(!][:(!]. i have tryed also a search for patch or information in order to resolve the problem ............. nothing[B)].
i try to continue the search. if i have news, upgrade you on this topics and i hope that you will make the some one with me.
to the next time with pleasure.

hello!??!
hello!??!

pichi

Hello, i have the same problem, my tarjet is a voodoo 4500 with directx 9.0b and i sent a mail to eidos asking about the problem with the characters in big stages (in houses i can see the commandos) this is part of mail

Dear Pichi,

we regret that your video card is not compatible with the game.  We can only
really recommend that you return the game to the place of purchase for an
alternative product or refund.

Regards

Eidos Customer Services

With the AmigaMerlin software the games isn't run in XP, only run with the driver of microsoft, and run in that conditions. I hope that a patch appears early.

Thank

P.D.:Sorry with my english