3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo2 Setup and tweaking
 Redline Racer and Windows XP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

152 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2006 :  05:45:25  Show Profile  Visit PanoramixDruida's Homepage  Send PanoramixDruida an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, I would like to tell you what is happening when I wanna play Redline Racer to me -a rather old arcade about motoracing-. I got a PowerColor evilKING (Voodoo2). I installed FastVoodoo2 4.0 XP GE drivers; everything fine!.

But when I want to play the game, I got a 2/3 seconds of delay between the time I press a key, and the reponse I got. For example I want to set the username; I press the first letter of my name, and between 2/3 seconds later, the letter appears. In shuch scenario, it's impossible to play.

If I set the compatibility mode to Windows 95, this problem is gone. But when the game is finnishing the loading process, it asks me for the CD -this doesn't happen if I play in Windows XP compatibility mode-. The CD is inserted in it's drive.

Do you know what could I do to solve this issue?.

1461 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2006 :  10:50:41  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
..yeah,this can happen when running under xp compatibility modes.make sure the cd is in your primary cd drive.if that wont help,get a no-cd fix,in this case its perfectly legal.

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Contact Us

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums