3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Setup and tweaking
 HSR for the next Amigamerlin ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hiero
Novice

Germany

42 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2003 :  23:06:54  Show Profile  Visit Hiero's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to integrate HSR( Hidden Surface Removal ) in the Amigamerlin ? I'm not sure whether is has to be existent in hardware or if it could be done in Software. If it was possible it should improve the framerates quite a bit.

< We`ll change the face of 3D graphics... again > 3dfx

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Experienced

540 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2003 :  04:47:47  Show Profile  Visit Obi-Wan Kenobi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hiero

Is it possible to integrate HSR( Hidden Surface Removal ) in the Amigamerlin ? I'm not sure whether is has to be existent in hardware or if it could be done in Software. If it was possible it should improve the framerates quite a bit.

< We`ll change the face of 3D graphics... again > 3dfx

welll I found HSR settings in the OpenGL/Glide segment of Amigamerlin 2.9 for Win 98se so I don't no in what API you wanted it to be in.....

It does signifintly give your Voodoo5 a real boost in speed, but indeed the higher you put the HSR factor the more glitchy your view becomes.

[HSR = Hidden Shader Removal]

May The Force Be With You...Always.

Ben Kenobi.

Edited by - Obi-Wan Kenobi on 15/11/2003 04:49:35
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums