Voodoo2 rain like horizontal glitches

Started by PanoramixDruida, 02 June 2006, 22:46:27

Previous topic - Next topic

PanoramixDruida

Hi guys, I'm experiencing some rain like horizontal glitches in the image when I use the Diamond Monster 3D II cards -no matter the game-. I want to know if this effect if produced by the drivers, or it could be related to some hardware problem.

My sys-specs are:
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum mainboard
MSI NX6600 Diamond Video Card
1Gb of RAM (2 x 512Mb)
AMD Athlon 64Bits 3000+
2 x Diamond Monster 3D II 8Mb. each (Voodoo2)
Maxtor 6V200E0 HDD 200Gb (SATA II)
Samsung CDRW
Samsung 173v LCD Monitor (17 inches)
Windows XP Home Edition -spanish- with SP2

ps47

any chance it looks somewhat like this (horizontal tearing):

PanoramixDruida

Exactly!!!, That's how it looks...

Glide

Which driver are you using?

However, enable V-Sync via driver control panel or some utility as Voodoo2 Overclock Tool (this is here: https://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/3dfx/voodoo2/tweak.htm) and that visual artifact will disappear.

PanoramixDruida

QuoteWhich driver are you using?

I'm using FastVoodoo2 4.0 XP GE.

I'll try V-Sync via driver control panel and I'll let you know how it worked.

ps47

the control panel doesnt work,AFAIK.you will have to enable the vertical synchronization manually,get my regfixes here.translated readme:
v-sync_0.reg: v-sync off,fastest setting,may cause tearing.
v-sync_1.reg: v-sync on,removes tearing,recommended for most games.
v-sync_2.reg: v-sync special,removes tearing,slower that v-sync_1,use only if game chokes weirdly when using v-sync_1 (UT,Deus Ex..)

PanoramixDruida

Quotethe control panel doesnt work,AFAIK.you will have to enable the vertical synchronization manually,get my regfixes here.translated readme:

The link doesn't work [:(]

ps47

hmm,works for me..anyway,you can find the regfixes in the attachement as well (rename the zip to rar)..

Download Attachment: v2sli_v-sync.zip
1.47 KB

PanoramixDruida

Problem fixed!, but...
now I see like vertical bars like those you can see drawn in the soccer field of Boca Juniors Stadium:

ps47

wow.never heard of that one before.try using the "failsafe glides",those seems to work even whe everything else fails (extract to your system32 folder)..