ct6670

Started by mistergank, 20 October 2003, 16:56:46

Previous topic - Next topic

mistergank

Ok, I'm gonna try to make this short, but I know it may be long...

My currnt system is a AMD-k6-2-500 onboard 4mbAGP, onbard sound, dvd-rom, 30gig 5,400RPM hard drive, 256mb pc133 ram...  

At a Garage Sale, for $5, I found this voodoo card, on it, it has a sticker saying model:ct6670, he included a disk but it was for a voodoo3, all the research that I've done states that its a 12mb creative voodoo2... Only to find out its a 8mb (or the drivers say so)...  Well I was running win2k and after using the FastVoodoo2_XP drivers sucked (I'm sure they work but most of my games are D3D) so I did a fresh install of win98... after alot of tweaking and using cachman I installed the fastvoodoo2_3.0 drivers and continued on playing NFS3 and NFS Porsche-unleashed... but haveing to set all the games setting to LOW graphic settings, so I got cerious and downloaded the stock creative drivers from 1998 and WOW what a HUGE differance, I can now set all of my games to Max on the graphics and its MEGA fast, so I guess what my question is, is the fastvoodoo2 driver NOT for my card? and whats the huge differance with the creative ct6670 than other voodoo2s?  and is there a tool I can use to find out how much memory is on my card?  Also I one day play to put this card into my dual Pentium one system is there any word as to if win2k/xp will support d3d with this card soon?

Sorry to have asked so many questions, but i've been searching for stuff on this video card for months... Thanx for your time...

Glide

Hi mistergank, welcome here :)

1)Lower performance with FastVoodoo2 3.0 in comparison with Creative release there was for your bad driver configuration (garbage in regedit, mix of old and newer files...), imho.

2)For Creative card and Windows 9X we suggest FastVoodoo2 1.0 driver: if it gives you some problems, due to (historical) not compatibility with AMD processors, you download Fastvoodoo2 3.5, latest and updated release for any Voodoo2 based cards with 9x/ME families OS.

3)You can read about V2 local memory by MS dxdiag.exe.

4)Supporting v2 with DX in NT environment is hardly to get but we will do all the possible.

Let me know something.

Bye bye

mistergank

"garbage in regedit, mix of old and newer files.."
I had done a fresh install of win98 and the voodoo2_3.5 drivers were the only drivers that I installed for it...  (I know I stated that I installed the 3.0 drivers my error/typo)  I then found a Document with pics on how to properly uninstall the drivers (inf folder) and do it the proper way to install other drivers...  
I'm soon going to be getting UT (goty edition) and some other games to do some further testing of both sets of drivers.   I've never really liked 3d bench mark programs but what are some good ones that are free to use and try out?  I'll try to keep you informed of my findings...
Regedit now displays 8mb of ram with the creative drivers, with the 3.5 drivers I don't remember it stateing anything about ram...

I really do love this forum and the web pages and info of 3dfxzone GREAT WORK!!!