Strange problem with VooDoo 2

Started by Blackhand, 03 May 2006, 13:36:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackhand

Hi
I've got strange problem with my VooDoo 2 card. BIOS detects it correctly (as Multimedia Device), Windows detects it too and asks for drivers (and installs them without problems). The problem starts after driver installation - Device Manager shows that everything is fine, but DirectX and games don't see my VooDoo (with some drivers there is no "Voodoo 2" tab in display properties). I've tried to install different drivers (including Fast Voodoo :)), on different systems (Win 98 and 2000) and with different versions of DirectX. I even tried to put Voodoo into other PCI slots - with no effect. Can anyone help me?
My PC:
Celeron 900 MHz with 100 FSB (can be the FSB be cause? I've been using C600@66 before and voodoo worked)
ABIT BX 133 RAID motherboard
512 MB RAM
GeForce MX400 32 MB SDRAM (can voodoo have conflict with this? I've put voodoo into PCI, which shared resources with AGP, when I changed my graphic card)
PS Sorry for my poor English ;).

ps47

once you have the drivers properly loaded you shouldnt really care what dxdiag says-it doesnt really matter as long as your games work.install the latest drivers as recommended here (including the glide patches),and see if it helps.

Blackhand

The problem is games don't work :(. In some games I recive message like this "3dfx voodoo not detected", and some other games (like Earth 2150) don't show even glide option in setup.

ps47

well,if you have the driver installed correctly,download unreal tournament demo and see if it detects glide correctly..if not,the card may be damaged,but this looks like a driver issue to me..uninstall all voodoo2 drivers via the control panel (add or remove softvare),reboot,install fastvoodoo2 4.0 (what windows do you have btw?),and copy that glide package to your system folder ar recommended.after you install the drivers,the card should show up in device manafer as voodoo2..

Blackhand

It looks like my voodoo is dead :(. I have tested another one (borrowed from friend :)) and there weren't any problems. BTW, FastVoodoo shows strange values in display properties (System info button, on this working voodoo, of course) under W2K - everywhere is "0"s or "not present" (except WinGlide driver version), but voodoo works :) (under W98SE with official DX6 drivers there are correct values). Is this some FastVoodoo "feature" (I mean bug ;)) or just (probably) incorrectly installed drivers?

ps47

..as I said,if your games work correctly,you shouldt really care what some buggy MS diagnostic tools show.but the 3dfx infopanel doest work correctly under xp (maybe 2k as well?),I know that for sure,but thats only cosmetic.