DreamFall on VSA-100 ?

Started by Dr.Yak, 23 April 2006, 14:24:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Yak

Has anyone yet tried to play Dreamfall on Voodoo-powered hardware ?
How does it work ?
Is the framerate playable ?
Is the visual quality good, or is the VSA-100 missing some fundamental function (like Doom3 and the unsupported Bump-Mapping ?)

One of the reasons I kept using my Voodoo 5 (beside the fact it's a cool piece of hardware and the opensource DRI support in Linux), is that I love playing point'n'click games, and a nice RGSS like Voodoo5's does much more nice things to Longest Journey or Syberia than T&L or other stuff that the concurence was pushing at that time (and that can be handled OK by a good CPU).

Now that TLJ's sequel has moved to a more action- and less point'n'click-oriented design, I'm affraid if I would be able to play it on my hardware (Celeron (P3) @ 1.2Ghz, 512Mo RAM, Voodoo 5 5500 AGP), or if I'll be stuck with some flat-shaded aweful stuff like Doom3 on Voodoo (I mean without the shading patch) ?
I've read in some review that most of the texture in the PC version aren't that much different from the XBox ones. And given that a Xbox has a a CPU running at half of my speed, no gfx memory at all, and only 64MB total RAM, I hope my system will cope with that game without too much visual quality loss.
Q: What would happen if the value of pi was changed ?
A: The universe should reboot.