3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Hardware Components
 APUs, CPUs, SoCs, Motherboards and Memories
 Taken by the Dark Side !!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

32 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2006 :  05:00:01  Show Profile  Visit Steph3dfx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I gave my soul to the devil today !!!
I bought today an Asus A8N sli motherboard and a PCIE MSI 7600GT video card....ouch.
I allways hated NVIDIA for the way they treated the 3DFX crowd after the takeover, and the way they quickly killed the 3dfx brand/legacy.
But since the NF4 is the best 939 chipset, and for $260 canadian the 7600GT is king of the hill, I had no other choice but to surrender.
Forgive me.....
In the meantime ATI should rethink their midprice strategy, start to use quality fan/cooler on their product, and scrap the CCP/MS .net framework combo.
I hope to comeback to ATI next round.

508 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2006 :  11:16:45  Show Profile  Visit Rolo01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Even the newest catalyst drivers are available with the old Control Panel :
Go to Top of Page

32 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2006 :  20:19:34  Show Profile  Visit Steph3dfx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Rolo1,
to my knowledge these are not the official drivers from ATI, they may work very well tough. I would have tried them but it's too late now for me.
Anyway the ATI option for me was the new x1800gto, not available yet at $60 canadian extra, and the 7600GT is a better performer(from all the reviews I could find)
Go to Top of Page

32 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2006 :  04:03:27  Show Profile  Visit Steph3dfx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I guess I got off the Dark side a bit after all, I returned the MSI 7600GT card and picked a Sapphire X850XT, here's the reason why :

1) The color saturation and sharpness are superior on the X850XT as well as on my previous X800XL agp. (using the analog out on a standard CRT LG monitor)
No matter what kind of adjustment with the Nvidia control pannel I did, the result was disapointing.
2) Roughly as fast as the 7600GT for $40 canadian buck less
3) Better performance in Oblivion (fantastic game BTW)
4) The Sapphire X850XT is not made by Nvidia !!!!!!!
I will hang onto this cheap card until the X1900XL price come down in Canada.

Thanks for the link Rolo01, I ended up using these new 6.4 Catalyst drivers without the damn CCC and MS program.

Edited by - Steph3dfx on 26/04/2006 04:04:39
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Contact Us

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums