3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Search with Google | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 MesaFX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

mjm
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  10:36:45  Show Profile  Visit mjm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I'm just wondering does the new Sage GL Driver run Call of Duty on a Voodoo3? I used the Sage opengl32.dll file with PowerStrip and used it to tell me what OpenGL features it supported. They contained S3tc. Didn't DBorca say that S3tc was faked for cards that don't support it? Would this fool Call of Duty and other games??

Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  10:09:19  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
no.call of duty needs texture compression,and will not run without a special patch.a beta version exists already,but it is not available to the public yet (and the author seems to be missing right now)..

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  19:00:13  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It works, with dxtn.dll.

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1939 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  19:39:46  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dborca

It works, with dxtn.dll.

Sage + dxtn.dll => Voodoo 3 + Call of Duty

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Edited by - Nightbird on 12/02/2006 19:50:16
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  20:59:34  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
now that would be really surprising.full s3tc support on voodoo3?

btw,a small list of sage envvars would be quite helpful (or is it possible to use standard mesafx vars?),I would like to try out sw rescaling with sage (pixelformat issues with mesafx,maybe sage will work better.the game is fairies)..thanks.

edit: me idiot should really learn to read inis.slaps self.

Edited by - ps47 on 18/02/2006 16:55:48
Go to Top of Page

narciso
Novice

16 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  13:23:28  Show Profile  Visit narciso's Homepage  Reply with Quote
SAGE 0.9.0.2 don't work on any game with my voodoo5 pci. Mesafx works ok
Go to Top of Page

chatocl
Novice

Chile

20 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2006 :  03:34:00  Show Profile  Visit chatocl's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Does anybody plan to compile mesafx with the new releases?

Mesa is currently in version 6.4.2 (stable) or 6.5 developement

Also, I think that a "how to compile" document could be very useful!

Go to Top of Page

Mikulaish
Initiate

Romania
93 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2006 :  08:35:24  Show Profile  Visit Mikulaish's Homepage  Send Mikulaish a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just install Microsoft Visual Studio. The instructions to compile are on the mesa site. You just need to open the workspace and build the dll's.

Edited by - Mikulaish on 08/06/2006 08:36:04
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2006 :  08:44:25  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mikulaish

Just install Microsoft Visual Studio. The instructions to compile are on the mesa site. You just need to open the workspace and build the dll's.

Not so. Those are for software rendering.

AFAIK Glide backend does not compile as-is. I plan to have a look at it in the next few days.

Oh, and will also update Sage.

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2006 :  10:42:58  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
great to hear

Go to Top of Page

Amigamerlin
Average

Italy

163 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2006 :  11:47:44  Show Profile  Visit Amigamerlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mikulaish

Not so. Those are for software rendering.

AFAIK Glide backend does not compile as-is. I plan to have a look at it in the next few days.

Wellcome back Dany,... really wellcome back my friend .
Ciao C.P.

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000
Go to Top of Page

Glide
Web Admin

Napoli

26595 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2006 :  13:32:14  Show Profile  Visit Glide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with Amiga ;). It's nice reading Daniel posts and playing OpenGL games with his Software :)

Bye bye

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Join us! | 3dfxzone.it | hwsetup.it | forumzone.it
Go to Top of Page

bloodworm
Average

USA

278 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2006 :  20:45:11  Show Profile  Visit bloodworm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, nice to hear from you again DBORCA..... I've missed those heady days when NWN didn't work until you started to tweak your Mesafx and suddenly I could play NWN with my V5!

Bloody Mess
Go to Top of Page

Raff3DC
Average

Germany

348 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2006 :  01:16:25  Show Profile  Visit Raff3DC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome back! I'm really looking forward to playing games with some new OGL files. =D

Greetings from Germany,
Raff

The biggest Voodoo5 6000 test ever: http://3dcenter.de/artikel/voodoo5-6000/
Go to Top of Page

Komponent
Novice

Romania
36 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2006 :  17:40:42  Show Profile  Visit Komponent's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I plan to have a look at it in the next few days.

Did you found the time to work at Mesa FX new release and at the updated Sage, Daniel? Thank you for still offering support for us, the 3DFX comunity!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2017 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums