3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Search with Google | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 MesaFX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

Voodoo5
Average

Canada
157 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  13:59:53  Show Profile  Visit Voodoo5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@dborca,

I enabled it, but I'm not sure what it does ?

The only thing I noticed was that the intro to doom 3 showed a higher fps (40 instead of 30),no change in game performance though and I'm positive it was'nt playing in 16 bit color.
Go to Top of Page

Targaff
Novice

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  21:50:33  Show Profile  Visit Targaff's Homepage  Send Targaff an AOL message  Send Targaff an ICQ Message  Click to see Targaff's MSN Messenger address  Send Targaff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
heya dborca,

I posted a (fairly lengthy and detailed) query on falconfly.de about a couple of errors I was getting with Clusterball (one with pure Glide, and then one trying to use MesaFX to bypass it), and patience said to come here and ask you, as you're probably the best bet for insight ;) Could you possibly take a look and see if there's anything you know about?

I'm somewhat loathe to repost it because of its length, but I can do that if it'd make life easier.

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2004 :  08:34:18  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Targaff

I posted a (fairly lengthy and detailed) query on falconfly.de about a couple of errors I was getting with Clusterball (one with pure Glide, and then one trying to use MesaFX to bypass it), and patience said to come here and ask you, as you're probably the best bet for insight ;) Could you possibly take a look and see if there's anything you know about?

I'm somewhat loathe to repost it because of its length, but I can do that if it'd make life easier.

i am not browsing FalconFly. at all! so you have to - either re-post the issue here or email it to me. in any case, limit yourself on your own postings (do not email me the entire forum).

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

Targaff
Novice

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2004 :  14:10:14  Show Profile  Visit Targaff's Homepage  Send Targaff an AOL message  Send Targaff an ICQ Message  Click to see Targaff's MSN Messenger address  Send Targaff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dborca
i am not browsing FalconFly. at all!

Ah, okay - I'd seen you there before so I figured you visited there, too.

I'll e-mail a copy of the post (and only that post, promise ;) to you later.
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2004 :  15:39:23  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Targaff

quote:
i am not browsing FalconFly. at all!

Ah, okay - I'd seen you there before so I figured you visited there, too.

interesting, Sherlock.

quote:
I'll e-mail a copy of the post (and only that post, promise ;) to you later.

i got your email, i'll try to find some time for the bug.

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

Targaff
Novice

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2004 :  16:13:13  Show Profile  Visit Targaff's Homepage  Send Targaff an AOL message  Send Targaff an ICQ Message  Click to see Targaff's MSN Messenger address  Send Targaff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
i got your email, i'll try to find some time for the bug.
Thanks, much appreciated!

Edited by - Targaff on 13/12/2004 01:19:35
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2004 :  09:06:36  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ok, the problem was easy to spot, but hard to fix.

part of it was related to a problem in Mesa core (fixed now).
and part of it is related to the way this game uses palette textures. if i disable GL_EXT_paletted_texture, it will work (although the mouse lag is killing me). have to dig a bit more...

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

Targaff
Novice

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2004 :  01:18:49  Show Profile  Visit Targaff's Homepage  Send Targaff an AOL message  Send Targaff an ICQ Message  Click to see Targaff's MSN Messenger address  Send Targaff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks again, glad you could help (and glad I found something helpful and it wasn't just me doing something dumb!)
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2004 :  14:26:17  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
okay, boyz and galz,

it's been a while now... and it's been fun, for some; and less fun, for others. but all good things must come to an end. and lo, this is it: 3dfx is gone and so am i.

special thanks to AmigaMerlin, KoolSmoky, HankSemenec, FalconFly for helping me. i also wish to thank to all my friends/fans from MesaFx thread. last, but not least, my royal finger to the trolls/morons out there - not worth mentioning - and their protectors, too.

and with that, i bid you farewell.

ps: i would have liked to provide a final release today, but i can't. i can, however, assure there _will be_ one. AmigaMerlin will take care of it, in the near future. there may be spurious updates on my situ, but do not count on it! i will also keep the 3dfxzone account, just in case.

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

osckhar
Average

Spain

334 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2004 :  14:38:24  Show Profile  Visit osckhar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Take Care Daniel!!!

Saludos y nos vemos.
Oscar

- V6k Team -
¿Leyenda? ¿Mito? ¿Ficción? No... ¡Realidad!

Go to Top of Page

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Experienced

550 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2004 :  15:33:42  Show Profile  Visit Obi-Wan Kenobi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

okay, boyz and galz,

it's been a while now... and it's been fun, for some; and less fun, for others. but all good things must come to an end. and lo, this is it: 3dfx is gone and so am i.

special thanks to AmigaMerlin, KoolSmoky, HankSemenec, FalconFly for helping me. i also wish to thank to all my friends/fans from MesaFx thread. last, but not least, my royal finger to the trolls/morons out there - not worth mentioning - and their protectors, too.

and with that, i bid you farewell.

ps: i would have liked to provide a final release today, but i can't. i can, however, assure there _will be_ one. AmigaMerlin will take care of it, in the near future. there may be spurious updates on my situ, but do not count on it! i will also keep the 3dfxzone account, just in case.

Thanx for your help on my little glide experiment on my NV40 card and thank Zeckensack too
May the Force Be With You Always , dborca where ever you go, we're gonna miss you here