3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Search with Google | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 MesaFX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2004 :  21:07:10  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
@secretfj:
can you test the 3.03.00.0667 version as well (you can find it in any mesafx full package)? my voodoo2's arent up and running yet..

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables

Edited by - ps47 on 10/10/2004 21:08:23
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  09:54:17  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i've been thinking about those glide3x dlls... the difference is way too big, something's fishy there... can't be the code, perhaps some envvars are interpreted differently (FX_GLIDE_SWAPINTERVAL / FX_GLIDE_SWAPPENDINGCOUNT). i'll investigate. thanks!

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

secretfj
Average

Hong Kong

259 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  17:10:40  Show Profile  Visit secretfj's Homepage  Send secretfj an ICQ Message  Click to see secretfj's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
can you test the 3.03.00.0667 version as well (you can find it in any mesafx full package)?

I am sorry but i discovered that the previous test was done using 3.03.00.0667 instead of 3.03.00.0670

P.S. I tested 3 Glide3x.dlls today
3.03.00.0670 one (included in FV 4.6) just refuse to run and makes the system halt, while the other two do the job.

P.S. some Glide specific results are posted (just some simple findings) into the Voodoo 2 discussion area as i don't want to be off-topic so much

No way a 3DFX collector...just a 3DFX die Hard Player~~

let the VooDoo Roars!!

P4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz
Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI

Edited by - secretfj on 11/10/2004 17:34:53
Go to Top of Page

perer
Average

Netherlands

243 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  22:50:30  Show Profile  Visit perer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is the difference with the 667 and the Dborca version?
Dborca have you added more compatibility? And because I stil don't have the sources of the FV drivers I want to invest my time in working with glide3x. Maybe I can help you?
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2004 :  08:34:16  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perer

What is the difference with the 667 and the Dborca version?
Dborca have you added more compatibility? And because I stil don't have the sources of the FV drivers I want to invest my time in working with glide3x. Maybe I can help you?

the diff? hard to tell...
if you wanna help me, go to
http://sourceforge/projects/glide/
and checkout the "glide-devel-branch"
(exactly, the branch name is "glide-devel-branch").
good luck!

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

perer
Average

Netherlands

243 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2004 :  12:02:30  Show Profile  Visit perer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If I took the right one, I must now have this glide-devel-branch. I must say the source is quite small. At least al lot smaller than I had expected.

Edit. Is this the one you mean?
$Header: /cvsroot/glide/glide3x/cvg/glide3/src/distate.c,v 1.1.1.1.8.3 2004/03/08 07:42:21 dborca Exp $
** $Log: distate.c,v $
** Revision 1.1.1.1.8.3 2004/03/08 07:42:21 dborca
** Voodoo Rush fixes

Edited by - perer on 16/10/2004 12:04:49
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2004 :  08:56:13  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
it looks like, doesn't it?

small tip: you must checkout TWO modules from "glide-devel-branch". the first module is "glide3x", the second is "swlibs". move swlibs INSIDE the glide3x directory and start compiling.

the complete glide3x+swlibs sourcecode should be at around 40MB (but that's because the demo textures are well over 20MB).

all the branches are buildable, tested and run ok. you get the status in README.2 (readme-too). take your time and do something good with the source. if your patches are worthy and if you make them public, i will make you Glide developer, with read-write CVS access.

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2004 :  10:53:36  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ok, another update (@ my situ).

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

secretfj
Average

Hong Kong

259 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2004 :  13:45:25  Show Profile  Visit secretfj's Homepage  Send secretfj an ICQ Message  Click to see secretfj's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
dborca:
u mean Glide Update or MesaFX Update?
coz the download Glide from ur site is the same as the one before, and i can't find any MesaFX update in ur site too (just the 6.1.0.9). I did see the newest version of MESA on the SourceForge Site (6.2 released 2, Oct)

let the VooDoo Roars!!

Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2004 :  14:11:56  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by secretfj

dborca:
u mean Glide Update or MesaFX Update?
coz the download Glide from ur site is the same as the one before, and i can't find any MesaFX update in ur site too (just the 6.1.0.9). I did see the newest version of MESA on the SourceForge Site (6.2 released 2, Oct)

it's there, on the Mesa page. it has the 18-oct date on it, and it reads "prerelease".

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

secretfj
Average

Hong Kong

259 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2004 :  14:25:49  Show Profile  Visit secretfj's Homepage  Send secretfj an ICQ Message  Click to see secretfj's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
got it, Thanks a lot!
Finished testing it with V2 SLI and Glide 3X 3.03.00.0667
it performs just the same as the 6.1.0.9SE. It runs flawlessly and with the same quality as 6.1.0.9..the performance is almost identical (a few marks lower than 6.1.0.9SE, which is negletable)

as usual, i uses GLExcess to test

let the VooDoo Roars!!

Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI

Edited by - secretfj on 18/10/2004 14:41:43
Go to Top of Page

perer
Average

Netherlands

243 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2004 :  14:29:35  Show Profile  Visit perer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well Than I will need to continue working. But Dborca can you tell me what is one of the problems I would need to fix with glide3x(the CVS part)? Because it will a while before I finally have finished What I plan to do. And CVS write acces seems pretty usefull.
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2004 :  15:15:14  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
@perer
as i said, take your time. for the moment, you don't need CVS write-access, as you don't have any patches. show me something worthy, and i'll make you Glide developer. bugs? well, i dunno, for starters, try to achieve the performance of the latest Glide3x for V2 (667 iirc).

@secretfj
well, then! thanks for testing. however, it seems to me you were missing the most important update in this prerelease, which is also the prerequisite for the extension i'm planning to add. tip: run GLExcess again, examine carefully the last scene, preferably comparing it to the previous releases.

hint for everyone: i am NOT releasing new DLLs just for fun. if it's out there, then something must have been changed.

man, i gotta quit doing that. sorry, the DLL from yesterday was broken. i uploaded a new one.

Regards,
Daniel Borca

Edited by - dborca on 19/10/2004 08:53:44
Go to Top of Page

secretfj
Average

Hong Kong

259 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2004 :  17:30:56  Show Profile  Visit secretfj's Homepage  Send secretfj an ICQ Message  Click to see secretfj's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
dborca:

It's too bad that i still can't find out what's the different by running GLExcess for more than 10 times (i just have time today to do some quick searching, no luck..)
but i will keep trying, coz compared to ur work, my investigation is nothing~~

P.S. u've said it's in the last scene, u mean the scene"outro" or "citylight"? i investigated them both but my blurry eye still can't see a thing differnet...

PPS: runned various benchmarks using V2SLI and MESAFX 6.1.0.9, they can be seen in the topic "banchmark"

let the VooDoo Roars!!

Asus P5AD2 Deluxe i925x
2GB DDR2 667 DDRRAM
Voodoo 5 5500PCI
Go to Top of Page

toony5
Novice

6 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2004 :  07:22:37  Show Profile  Visit toony5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know what got added: GL_EXT_stencil_wrap. I use realtech VR's OpenGL Extensions Viewer to see which extensions are or are not supported. I am amazed at how many extensions have been "enabled" on the Voodoo 2 the past several months. Woo hoo! :)

Is it possible that Unreal Tournament 2004 looks a little better with the 6.3.0.1 prerelease? It is difficult for me to tell because I had to run UT2004, walk around a level, stop the game, copy an older version of MesaFX (opengl32.dll) to the UT2004 system folder, rerun UT2004, then walk around the level again. It looks like the colors are slighly more vibrant. The textures/details on the ground look better, too. (I think.)

Thanks ~ T
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2017 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums