MesaFX

Started by PanoramixDruida, 07 October 2003, 14:09:05

Previous topic - Next topic

dborca

there's a mesa bugfix at my situ. this might (just might) fix the SeriousSam:FE map bug.

i also added a new option (MESA_FX_NOSNAP) to speed up Voodoo1, Rush and Bashee.

there is also a mesafx_d3 update. you can play doom3 with r_useScissor enabled, which might gain you a few FPSs.
Regards,
Daniel Borca

Voodoo5

more doom3 shots using new update:

Image Insert:

87.04 KB

Image Insert:

97.49 KB

Image Insert:

64.45 KB

Image Insert:

99.21 KB

Image Insert:

95.12 KB

Image Insert:

78.96 KB

Image Insert:

88.61 KB

Image Insert:

66.65 KB

@dborca,

This is fantastic, without your efforts this would have been near impossible [8D]

mcmagostini

@ dborca

Thx for your time and effort!

As soon as I try it (Serious Sam FE)
I'll post here.

Keep up the GREAT work man!

Greetings,
Matheus
AmigaMerlin / SFFT / MesaFX
Sempron64 3000+, 512MB DDR400 2,5-3-3-11
Voodoo5 5500 PCI (Rev 3100)
ASUS K8N4-E

SADISTHAYVAN

PERFECT VOODOO5 5500 :)
MSI 6545 Ý850E MAX
P4 2.4 512 CACHE 533MHZ.
128MB ASUS V9280S TVD SUPERFAST 300@600
512 MB PC800 SAMSUNG RDRAM
80GB MAXTOR 7200RPM HDD 8MB CACHE
56K USROBOTICS EXTERNAL
17'LG F700B FLATRON

3D MARK 01 DEFAULT SCORE
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6780294

ps47

I have never mentioned it before (seemed too trivial),but hitman2 had minor transparency problems in some levels (when running on a voodoo3).mesafx 6.1.0.9 fixed everything.rokks[8D]

Image Insert:

56.5 KB

Image Insert:

55.36 KB

;)

ggab

03.09.2004 - MesaFX 6.1: UPDATED distribution Official MesaFX 6.1.0.9

New MesaFx 6.1 (Build 6.1.0.9) Official distribution is online.
This distribution does NOT permit to play Doom 3 and it is the Official compiled release from Mesa Server.

Download Offical MesaFx 6.1.0.9 Package
/MesaFX-6.1.0.9b.exe

https://www.3dfxzone.it/news/reader.php?objid=378

sirkoz

WTF?!!

What do you mean it does not permit playing Doom3?!!! [}:)]
That's ludicrous.
Holly sh*t even! [xx(]

Voodoo5

@sirkoz,

There is a special version of Mesafx for running Doom3, ggab was reporting about an update to the official release of Mesafx ;)

Amigamerlin

QuoteOriginally posted by sirkoz

WTF?!!

What do you mean it does not permit playing Doom3?!!! [}:)]
That's ludicrous.
Holly sh*t even! [xx(]

Sirkoz, what is the problem ? may be you don't know that the special DLL that permit to run Doom3 contain a lot of Hack. This hack can't be included in the "official" mesa distribution that contain all the "real" supported feature of Voodoo and not "feaked" feature.

I hope all is clear now and however Daniel can explain you better what I mean.

That's all.
Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000

dborca

welcome, sirkoz :)

the regular mesafx does not run doom3. you have to use the "special" mesafx/d3 dll - which is just a "derived" work. it is not officially supported, although i will update it whenever i fix some core Mesa bugs.

i don't feel comfortable when people use mesafx/d3 as a replacement for mesafx, because of the hacks contained therein. those hacks are possible only because doom3 uses a very special rendering technique, and are not suitable for other applications.

i know this thread became exeedingly long, but reading it a bit might help ;) i think that's what Amiga (ciao amico! :D) wanted to say - so don't feel bad about it.
Regards,
Daniel Borca

ggab

what dglide3x is better?
std or root's version? (with a v4) BYes

LogicalMadness

Daniel, first I want to say thank you for such incredible work... you are very talented. I want to mention, that 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein' has this texture problem where textures flsh really bad as you move away from them. For example this is very apparent when you are in spectator mode say on the beach level and move away from objects - the edges are distorted and flash really bad. Heres a link to a demo:

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/returnwolfenstein/

[8D]

mcmagostini

@ dborca

Daniel, sorry to say but I tried again Serious Sam FE with the latest
MesaFX and the map problem still there...

Best Regards,
Matheus
AmigaMerlin / SFFT / MesaFX
Sempron64 3000+, 512MB DDR400 2,5-3-3-11
Voodoo5 5500 PCI (Rev 3100)
ASUS K8N4-E

dborca

news at my situ.
i fixed a clearing bug (and probably induced a few more).  this fix affects both regular mesa and the d3 version.  the bright side is that d3 version got rid of the shadowing bugs.  or so i hope.

@mcmagostini
sorry, it was a blind guess.  as i said, i can't see the bug in demo version
@LogicalMadness
i already have the demo version, but... where's the beach level?
Regards,
Daniel Borca

sirkoz

Thanks for the explanation.
It's really so nice to see Doom3 on Voodoos, so I got "a little" emotional. Sorry. ;)

Please - do keep the good work.
Pitty, that all of you Voodoo-driver devs don't release the ultimate new release to go along with the MesaFX (maybe AmigaMerlin_4-0? :)). Now it's all more or less trial and error - Glide from there, DX from here and then another driver with the same Glide.....catch my drift? :D