3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Search with Google | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 MesaFX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

unknownusermx
Initiate

Mexico
67 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2004 :  18:41:58  Show Profile  Visit unknownusermx's Homepage  Click to see unknownusermx's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Amigamerlin

quote:
Originally posted by unknownusermx

@daniel:

mmm.. sorry... is a Multiplayer game... I express bad .. The page that i post is from the demo... the 2.0 demo is the one that had the bug...

@amiga:

After the intro video.. I only get a gray screen and I can hear the music. Without mesa the game works...

sAlUdOs

Same to me; but currently the problem is fixed (mesa 6.1.0.7) now it run flawless with TAA too !!

Thanks for feedback !!

@dborca and Amigamerlin:

I still getting the gray screen in ONI..

@dborca

Thnx!!.. I'll chk it tonight...

_}{_
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Go to Top of Page

bloodworm
Average

USA

278 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2004 :  05:36:59  Show Profile  Visit bloodworm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
dborca,
I just tried NWN in winxp (with the amigamerlin 3.0 drivers), and I am still getting the white backrounds in the character sheets/inventory/journal overlays and on the bottom of the screen where all the text pops up during the game. since most of the text in the game is white, this is a show stopper. NWN versions 1.28 AND 1.62. on a lighter note, the game seems to be very stable now (it used to crash all the time in XP, I could get it to crash on cue) but it seems you have fixed THAT problem with XP sometime during your mesa 6 iterations. does anybody else out there have the FULL version of NWN to try out? maybe it has something to do with my motherboard and the game? It used to affect only the BETA glide3x, but since you added the s3tc to the dll, it affects ALL glides now. I may be forced to try it at work (with a PCI v5 and a different intel motherboard) to see if I get the whiteness there too. I will have to do it on the low down though!... the demo only shows very little of this whiteness, and may not even be noticed by the untrained eye, but the full version is crazy with it.
Go to Top of Page

milen
Novice

25 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2004 :  10:14:26  Show Profile  Visit milen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No the problem isn't with motherboard. It's Voodoo3 releated, Banshee and v4/5 work well. Only Voodoo3 has those white rectangles in NWN when you look inventory.
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2004 :  10:02:00  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, lads & galz!

It's been too long since my last release. So here is MesaFX-6.1.0.8 (check my situ). Nothing new except that it fixes ONI for good. No more MESA_3DFX_STRING sh!t.

Another thing... BloodRayne works with this release. That is, provided you use the DLL below. I am sorry, the original DLL was so poorly written, that I had to hack it with the best weapon: HIEW == _THE_ Hacker's Editor Please note the DLL was so carefully patched, that it still works the same for other cards. In english, no side-effects. At least none that I know of. Anyway, I was hacking the trigl.dll that comes with the demo. Caveat emptor! Oh, and btw, if the image starts flickering, try to lower graphics quality. The damn thing still tries to use 4 TMUs.

Download Attachment: br.zip
33.67KB

BR works best with Glide3x from AM2.9, /not/ the Glide3x embedded with Mesa.

Regards,
Daniel Borca

Edited by - dborca on 19/06/2004 15:11:23
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2004 :  10:03:52  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bloodworm

dborca,
I just tried NWN in winxp
Email me. Your NWN problem starts getting on my nerves.

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2004 :  20:07:32  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
ok,finally did some testing,so here it comes.
texus2 works for hitman2 (6.1.0.5 or newer),I dont have to disable it anymore.however,I still need to disble texus2 for hitman3 and freedom fighters (based on the same engine,but newer),but the problem is I cant do it,seems like the envvar is not working (with texus2 enabled it looks similar to the third picture here,when I disable it (6.1.0.4),the game is fine again,but with 6.1.0.5 or newer there is no change.
oni works,but it looks weird,the screen is greish (v5),its even worse on v3.Ill try to post pics..

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2004 :  10:36:08  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ps47

oni works,but it looks weird,the screen is greish (v5),its even worse on v3.Ill try to post pics.

Hail to Voodoo's linear fogging, right? It seems I need to work again the "workaround". However, try and test ONI with other cards. I believe there was meant to be some kind of greyish fog, anyway. Is the whole game greyish, or only the intro screen?

As for the other games, the envvars _should_ work. Well, if they don't, use a .BAT! The CPan was never meant to be a sound project anyway (it eats my time, when it could be used for Mesa itself).

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2004 :  15:14:29  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
ok,so heres the stuff.
hitman contracts,voodoo3,mesafx6.1.0.5 and newer,texus2 on or off (its the same).I always use bat files when I need to mess with envvars..

Image Insert:

67.25KB

Image Insert:

75.06KB

hitman contracts runs perfectly fine with mesafx6.1.0.4 and texus2 disabled.(pics here)

oni,voodoo3,mesafx6.1.0.8

Image Insert:

78.17KB

oni is greyish on voodoo5 as well,(intro and the game itself),but its not as bad as with voodoo3.I was not able to make a screenshot on my voodoo5,but the v3 pic should be enough.there is also another problem,all ground textures that are a bit more far away (next level of LOD) are grey (or have a weird colour).this looks like a glide problem however,the glide3x from koolsmoky fixes this (the one from the bloodrayne patch folder)

ok,enough complainig
mesafx6.1.0.5 and newer fixes crash problems with duke nukem manhattan project,the game runs great now

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables

Edited by - ps47 on 21/06/2004 15:34:32
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2004 :  16:06:32  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Okidok! I'll try to grab the demo and give it a test, perhaps tomorrow.

Oh I remembered: indeed, ONI looks worse on my V2-based card, than my Napalm-based card. Maybe V3 has the same issues...

Regards,
Daniel Borca

Edited by - dborca on 21/06/2004 16:55:50
Go to Top of Page

Amigamerlin
Average

Italy

163 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2004 :  16:16:17  Show Profile  Visit Amigamerlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No problem for me with ONI and MesaFx 6.1.0.8. and voodoo5 5500. All looks ok and no problem with the men.

I'll try hitman Contact !!

Bye

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000
Go to Top of Page

Dirian
Novice

1 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2004 :  22:08:15  Show Profile  Visit Dirian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
NWN run fine with MesaFx6.1.0.4 or older, MESA_FX_IGNORE_TEXUS2=y(i have white backrounds if i don't disable texus2) and a V5 5500.
Now, with mesafx6.1.0.8 i have the same problem than Bloodworm.
i didn't tried mesafx 6.1.0.5/6/7.

Bye.

ps. sorry for my poor english
Go to Top of Page

Ragnarok72
Novice

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2004 :  02:12:21  Show Profile  Visit Ragnarok72's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dborca

Hail to Voodoo's linear fogging, right? It seems I need to work again the "workaround". However, try and test ONI with other cards. I believe there was meant to be some kind of greyish fog, anyway. Is the whole game greyish, or only the intro screen?

As for the other games, the envvars _should_ work. Well, if they don't, use a .BAT! The CPan was never meant to be a sound project anyway (it eats my time, when it could be used for Mesa itself).

Speaking of that Control Panel -- I just checked it out. Looks great, it looks as if it can mesh perfectly with the rest of the 3Dfx Tools.

I have yet another question, though: What in blazes do you mean when you say that we need to "register" the control panel stuff?! Yes, the fact that I'm asking about this obviously means I'm using MesaFX on Win98SE, thank you very much.
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2004 :  08:43:04  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
@Ragnarok72
All envvars are kept in HKCU\Environment, which is the standard for 2k/XP, but means nothing for Win9x. Now, I am an adept of KISS principle. So I (and Koolsmoky) tried to make it work just the same, regardless of the OS. At the next startup, Win98 does not read HKCU\Environment. By "Register"ing CPAN, you... ehm... register "PATH_TO_CPAN\cpan.exe /silent" command at startup, which reads what is stored in HKCU\Environment and injects all envvars into the master environment. After that, MesaCpan exits (that is, it does not remain resident).

@everybody
Koolsmoky spotted the NWN texture problem Saturday. It was related to compressed textures and the 3dfx limit of 8:1 aspectratio. I reworked the texture handling code, and many problems seemed to disappear (minor glitches in UT2004, Homeworld2 etc).

The new Mesa is to be found at my situ.
!!!WARNING!!!WARNING!!!WARNING!!!
THIS IS NOT A RELEASE
!!!WARNING!!!WARNING!!!WARNING!!!

I need sh!tloads of feedback, as it was done in two late-night coding sessions! Probably lots of bugs lurking around. Anyway, if everything seems in place, the next release is pending. Pay special attention to slim textures: very large width * very small height (or vice-versa)!

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

Ragnarok72
Novice

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2004 :  01:41:48  Show Profile  Visit Ragnarok72's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dborca

@Ragnarok72
All envvars are kept in HKCU\Environment, which is the standard for 2k/XP, but means nothing for Win9x. Now, I am an adept of KISS principle. So I (and Koolsmoky) tried to make it work just the same, regardless of the OS. At the next startup, Win98 does not read HKCU\Environment. By "Register"ing CPAN, you... ehm... register "PATH_TO_CPAN\cpan.exe /silent" command at startup, which reads what is stored in HKCU\Environment and injects all envvars into the master environment. After that, MesaCpan exits (that is, it does not remain resident).

Ah, so the settings ARE ultimately stored in the registry....for a while there I thought you were going the complicated route by having to set the envvars manually right before running the game instead of having MesaFX just try to look for the settings to be defined in, say, HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\Display\0000\Glide\ each time it starts up.

On the other hand, I suppose if you were going to put them there, you'd have to make an INF, then package MesaFX in something other than just a self-extractor, then get it to install the inf, etc.

But I digress. If I understand you right then just running "cpan.exe \silent" at startup will get the job done, right?

If so, then perhaps a good idea would be to include some sort of script that finds the path of where cpan.exe is, copies that path, and lists it in win.ini's "Run=" line, so that it'll run without needing to go make a shortcut to it on the "C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\" folder, etc.

On the other hand, doing that same idea, but with the "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\" key, which should make it run invisibly regardless of OS...the only question is whether or not you or Kool want to spend the time to make such an install script to automate it (for idiot-proofing purposes )....

Edited by - Ragnarok72 on 23/06/2004 01:49:02
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2004 :  09:22:48  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok72

[quoteAh, so the settings ARE ultimately stored in the registry.... BLAH BLAH BLAH
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\Display\0000\Glide\ each time it starts up.
They are stored in a special registry entry. Each time you hit OK, they are injected into master environment. Mesa never looks in the registry. Ohwell, with some Glide3x, it could, but that's not guaranteed. It _IS_ guaranteed that it looks into environment. Nevermind... The registry thingie is there only to ensure the values are preserved. It has no meaning to Glide.

quote:
On the other hand, I suppose if you were going to put them there, you'd have to make an INF, then package MesaFX in something other than just a self-extractor, then get it to install the inf, etc.
Why?

quote:
But I digress. If I understand you right then just running "cpan.exe \silent" at startup will get the job done, right?
Yes, just try to use a forward slash next time.

quote:
On the other hand, doing that same idea, but with the "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\" key, which should make it run invisibly regardless of OS...the only question is whether or not you or Kool want to spend the time to make such an install script to automate it (for idiot-proofing purposes )....
That's why "Register" option exists.

PS: @everybody: I updated the DLL on my situ. With so much feedback, I was able to fix some of the bugs.

Regards,
Daniel Borca

Edited by - dborca on 23/06/2004 09:58:17
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2017 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums