3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Search with Google | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 MesaFX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

zandro
Novice

Norway
7 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2004 :  12:05:51  Show Profile  Visit zandro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok just for my defense i wrote this werry fast
and probably did`nt use the right words....
if u look at it now it´s corrected..
but honestly i prefer "constructive" critics....
nitpicking is not my alley
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2004 :  12:53:43  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
@unknownusermx
Savage is an online game? How am I supposed to fix it?

@Ragnarok72
I AM part of the 3dfxzone team. As I said, many vendors advertise a certain OpenGL version even if it's not fully implemented. So stop bitching!
BTW, games that require HW T&L in OpenGL must refer to speed only. Otherwise, it's OpenGL's duty to emulate everything.
SciTE is a nice lightweight editor: http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html

@ps47
Yes, using the control panel will affect all games, since the environment is only one. I believe the old .BAT method will override whatever settings Mesa Cpan has done, though...

BTW, I was reported that Mesa-6.1.0.5 (and above) ceased to run Hitman2 on a Voodoo3. Is it true?

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

unknownusermx
Initiate

Mexico
67 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2004 :  13:30:54  Show Profile  Visit unknownusermx's Homepage  Click to see unknownusermx's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
@daniel:

mmm.. sorry... is a Multiplayer game... I express bad .. The page that i post is from the demo... the 2.0 demo is the one that had the bug...

@amiga:

After the intro video.. I only get a gray screen and I can hear the music. Without mesa the game works...

sAlUdOs

‡«»«»¥»»±_§€®Ç}{_±««¥«»«»‡
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Edited by - unknownusermx on 11/06/2004 13:35:43
Go to Top of Page

Amigamerlin
Average

Italy

163 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2004 :  13:38:58  Show Profile  Visit Amigamerlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by unknownusermx

@daniel:

mmm.. sorry... is a Multiplayer game... I express bad .. The page that i post is from the demo... the 2.0 demo is the one that had the bug...

@amiga:

After the intro video.. I only get a gray screen and I can hear the music. Without mesa the game works...

sAlUdOs

Same to me; but currently the problem is fixed (mesa 6.1.0.7) now it run flawless with TAA too !!

Thanks for feedback !!

Amigamerlin
3DFXZONE MODERATOR
Powerd By Voodoo5 6000
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2004 :  16:11:40  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by unknownusermx

Great! and now you're telling me? after I got the first version?

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

Raziel64
Average

Argentina

143 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2004 :  18:31:58  Show Profile  Visit Raziel64's Homepage  Click to see Raziel64's MSN Messenger address  Send Raziel64 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Jejeje.. another Mesafx goal.
Spiderman 2 demo: runs better and faster with mesafx. Take a look:

Image Insert:

207.8 KB

Evolution Drivers Series
Go to Top of Page

unknownusermx
Initiate

Mexico
67 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2004 :  20:03:41  Show Profile  Visit unknownusermx's Homepage  Click to see unknownusermx's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Great! and now you're telling me? after I got the first version?

I'm sorry

‡«»«»¥»»±_§€®Ç}{_±««¥«»«»‡
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Go to Top of Page

Ragnarok72
Novice

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2004 :  05:01:32  Show Profile  Visit Ragnarok72's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dborca
@Ragnarok72
I AM part of the 3dfxzone team. As I said, many vendors advertise a certain OpenGL version even if it's not fully implemented. So stop bitching!

Ok, fair enough. I suppose if I'm to complain about it, I might as well go pester ATi and nVidia about it as well.

quote:
BTW, games that require HW T&L in OpenGL must refer to speed only. Otherwise, it's OpenGL's duty to emulate everything.

Ah....that explains A LOT. Not only does it at least partially explain why the TNT could theorectially get away with running the game, but it would explain why there doesn't seem to be any OpenGL extention made specifically for recognizing the HW TnL "ability" of a card, for lack of a better term.
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2004 :  16:40:56  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

BTW, I was reported that Mesa-6.1.0.5 (and above) ceased to run Hitman2 on a Voodoo3. Is it true?

runs fine for me (ver6.1.0.4,6.1.0.5,6.1.0.6),with any glide3x that comes with mesafx.note that for hitman2 to work properly,you must enable sw rescaling and DISABLE texus2.

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2004 :  11:44:25  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
@ps47
Thanks. I tested on V2, but I was too lazy to stick my V3 into the PC!
I know about SW rescaling, but you shouldn't HAVE TO disable Texus2, though... At least not with newer releases.

@Ragnarok72
Indeed, there is no "HW_TCL_extension". The OpenGL has to do the job, either way. It's up to the driver to emulate, depends on the target HW.

Regards,
Daniel Borca

Edited by - dborca on 14/06/2004 12:01:36
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2004 :  18:11:03  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

@ps47
Thanks. I tested on V2, but I was too lazy to stick my V3 into the PC!
I know about SW rescaling, but you shouldn't HAVE TO disable Texus2, though... At least not with newer releases.

I'll double check that ASAP.btw,hitman contracts runs bit more stable with 6.1.0.6 (and probably 6.1.0.5 as well) on my voodoo5,now I'm able to get ingame and play without problems.the desktop is still overbright after exiting the game,hmm..

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables

Edited by - ps47 on 15/06/2004 21:17:21
Go to Top of Page

agrelaphon
Average

Greece

164 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2004 :  20:37:32  Show Profile  Visit agrelaphon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
runs fine for me (ver6.1.0.4,6.1.0.5,6.1.0.6),with any glide3x that comes with mesafx.note that for hitman2 to work properly,you must enable sw rescaling and DISABLE texus2.

Funny it doesn't work for me (Can't get past the 2nd Eidos cinematic screen). Might be my PC only. NWN works like a charm though

Edited by - agrelaphon on 14/06/2004 20:43:26
Go to Top of Page

bloodworm
Average

USA

278 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2004 :  00:57:54  Show Profile  Visit bloodworm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
agrelaphon:
What OS and what base driver are you running with NWN? the transparency overlays in NWN on my PC seem to be coming up all white whenever I am running the MESA 6.1.0.6 with ANY glide3x now...... seems to work fine with the old ICD. I am running os 98se with the 3dhq beta9 drivers and directx 9.2. I will be checking winxp when I get home tonight.

Bloody Mess
Go to Top of Page

agrelaphon
Average

Greece

164 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2004 :  18:55:36  Show Profile  Visit agrelaphon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bloodworm
I'm running win2000 with sfft A3 drivers, but with new glides, opengl. Oh, and a voodoo3 by the way. I put the 3dfx glide3x in the NWN folder along with mesafx, because it doesn't seem to run with newer glides
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2004 :  08:06:52  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It doesn't matter the driver. MesaFX runs on top of Glide, and Glide uses only a small portion of the driver (ie: the mode switch).

@unknownusermx
I got the 2nd demo and fixed the bug. Stay tuned (I'll probably upload today). Anyway, the game only /looked/ frozen; hitting escape gets you back to desktop.

Okidok! MesaFX 6.1.0.7 is up, at my situ.
Glide3: TemporalAA over 2xFSAA for 1-chip cards.
MesaFX: fixed a UT bug and a Savage2 bug. Added GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object.
M-CPan: new options / new menu (just click on my face). Under Win2k, you don't need to register, anyway! Under Win98, after registering, do NOT move cpan.exe and/or winset.exe.

Regards,
Daniel Borca

Edited by - dborca on 17/06/2004 16:25:41
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents © 2001 - 2017 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine © Snitz Forums