3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Search with Google | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 General Discussions
 MesaFX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2004 :  15:18:55  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I have another problem:oni wont run with mesafx (on voodoo5/win98se,but I doubt this problem is related to napalm),when I run the game I can see the 3dfx logo,after that the main menu music plays but the screen is grey,and the pc wont respond (but the music still plays) to alt+f4 or ctrl+alt+del,and I must hit the reset button.the demo is available here: http://www.fileplanet.com/files/50000/53461.shtml
wickedgl works,but has graphic bugs.any ideas?

second problem is hitman3 (voodoo5/win98se).the game runs and mesafx fixes the transparency issue (all reflective textures are invisible under d3d),but there is lot of texture flicker,the weather effects must be re-disabled every time only to get ingame,and the game is EXTREMELY crashy.there is also problem with brightness,desktop is overbright when you exit the game.weird thing is that the game is stable as rock on my voodoo3 3500 and doest have problems with weather effects or brightness (however the texture flicker problems are present) running the same version of mesafx..

I'm an annoying bugger.I know

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables

Edited by - ps47 on 26/05/2004 15:46:27
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2004 :  08:33:08  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Okidok! I'll take a look at oni tonight.

A small piece of advice: next time gimme a "free" link (such as 3dgamers, not BS like FilePlanet).

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2004 :  18:42:42  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
sorry
here is the 3dgamers link: http://www.3dgamers.com/games/oni/#filelist
you probably have it now,oh well..
btw,where can I get that rainbow GxpOGL addon?I would like to test it a bit..

Go to Top of Page

bloodworm
Average

USA

278 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2004 :  19:15:52  Show Profile  Visit bloodworm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will email rainbow and ask if we can post it somewhere......

Bloody Mess
Go to Top of Page

mcmagostini
Initiate

Brazil

64 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2004 :  22:22:33  Show Profile  Visit mcmagostini's Homepage  Send mcmagostini an ICQ Message  Click to see mcmagostini's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd be glad to test it too.
If you can post it, let us know ;)

3dfxSalutes
Matheus

AmigaMerlin / SFFT / MesaFX
Sempron64 3000+, 512MB DDR400 2,5-3-3-11
Voodoo5 5500 PCI (Rev 3100)
ASUS K8N4-E
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2004 :  08:33:08  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ps47

I have another problem:oni wont run with mesafx

It will now.

It was related to linear fogging. This wrinkle is normally taken care of when the game detects "3dfx" substring in GL_RENDERER. Unfortunately, some games impose artificial limits (AFAIK Quake1/2, max texture 256 even on Napalm) when "3dfx" substring is detected. So I made it a run-time choice.

Check my situ for updates, and and don't forget mesafxev.txt

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

milen
Novice

25 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2004 :  11:05:16  Show Profile  Visit milen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I noticed the new version 6.1.0.5 on your site.I have some questions.
1. :) what's new in this version?
2. is there some pixel format fixes, so I can plug my voodoo3 again.
3. I looked in the new documentation in the CVS of mesa3d.org. There i noticed some new mesafx env vars. One of them was to convert FXT1 -> NCC compression. Is this avaible in the release or I have to compile myself the source for it to work. And there is FXT -> S3TC also. That mean S3TC->FXT1->NCC :), or not?.

Edited by - milen on 03/06/2004 11:05:45
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2004 :  11:47:17  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by milen

I noticed the new version 6.1.0.5 on your site.I have some questions.
1. :) what's new in this version?
I forgot!
quote:
2. is there some pixel format fixes, so I can plug my voodoo3 again.
There was a pretty good behavior since Hitman2 fix. Can't remember the number, though. Pfff, I hope I'm done with this crap. But then again, never say never...
quote:
3. I looked in the new documentation in the CVS of mesa3d.org. There i noticed some new mesafx env vars.
Those envvars are also presented at my situ. Smaller file, easier to read.
quote:
One of them was to convert FXT1 -> NCC compression. Is this avaible in the release or I have to compile myself the source for it to work. And there is FXT -> S3TC also. That mean S3TC->FXT1->NCC :), or not?.
Nope. Those are NOT envvars, but compilation defines. Which means you have to recompile the source. But alas, you're mixing things here.
  • FX_TC_NCC binds general texture compression to NCC
  • FX_TC_NAPALM binds general texture compression to FXT1
  • S3TC_AS_FXT1_HACK binds DXTC to FXT1

However, since 6.1.0.5 release, S3TC->FXT1 is enabled by default. That's because nVidia gave written permission to the Mesa project to use FXT1 (can't tell the same thing about S3, though). Now people can use MesaFX with any Glide and still have texture compression.
NCC is experimental, added only because I love my V2 and V3 This means textures passed through the general GL_ARB_texture_compression are compressed to NCC (you will have to use SourceForge Glide for this to work), then sent to HW. You can't have precompressed textures and sometimes the encoder is slow (still, can be tuned). What can I say, smooth gradient textures encoded with NCC can have 32bit quality

In response for q#1: minor fixes, this S3TC->FXT1 hack (originally proposed by Kool), some other changes that happened in the Mesa core. Really, nothing too big; but I can't remember them all.

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

milen
Novice

25 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2004 :  12:52:59  Show Profile  Visit milen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks DBorca ,I love my voodoo3 too and I'm happy that finaly it can do some texture compression in Opengl. I have radeon9000pro too, but I like my voodoo3 more.I'll plug it tonight and see what it can achive with the new mesafx.
Go to Top of Page

Rolo01
Experienced

Germany

508 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2004 :  13:27:37  Show Profile  Visit Rolo01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, another game fixed. Daniel, you are really awesome.
But I got a problem, too.
The game "Star Wars:Knights of the old republic" requires an OpenGL1.4 compatible card. It runs with MesaFX, but horribly slow and heavy distorted graphics.
As far as I know there is no demo available, but I will try to post screenies if you like.
The game is from Lucasarts and uses an improved Neverwinter Nights engine.
Go to Top of Page

Ragnarok72
Novice

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  06:21:16  Show Profile  Visit Ragnarok72's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright, now I know this is still a minor nitpick, but....

..when are you going to change the version string (I might be wrong, but isn't it GL_Version or something?) so MesaFX will identify itself as a 1.3-compatible driver?

Games like HomeWorld2 are still identifying it as an OpenGL1.2-compatible driver, and are needlessly complaining (I.E. actual error messages) about it.
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  08:42:14  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
@Rolo01
I'd love to help. But lemme ask you one question: when you're sick, you post pictures of you to the doctor? Now that was a joke. I'll try to find a demo somewhere.

@Ragnarok72
I can't bump the version number. There are some extensions required for 1.3 that cannot be done. Advertising 1.3 would be a lie. Is this such a major issue? I never tested HomeWorld2.

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page

ps47
Skilled

Slovakia
1463 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  13:24:34  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
yep,oni works.awesome
I have been testing hitman3 a bit,seems like the texture flicker problems are related to the hitman3 opengl engine,and not mesafx.anyway,the game is still very crashy on napalm cards..
@Ragnarok72:
homeworld2 requires cube maps and per pixel dot operations,and also complains that the hardware cant do enough textures per pass,and I think cube maps are no-go for 3dfx cards..

Edited by - ps47 on 05/06/2004 18:37:09
Go to Top of Page

Ragnarok72
Novice

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  21:02:50  Show Profile  Visit Ragnarok72's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dborca

I can't bump the version number. There are some extensions required for 1.3 that cannot be done. Advertising 1.3 would be a lie. Is this such a major issue? I never tested HomeWorld2.

Ah, but we're ALREADY advertising it on the site, that MesaFX is a 1.3 driver. That's why I'm nitpicking about it.

As for it being a issue in regards to HomeWorld2, it is my understanding that even IF we were to get the other functions faked somehow, it would still pick up the fact MesaFX is identifiying itself as a 1.2 driver, and may refuse to run it's 3D engine ON THAT POINT ALONE.

And yes, it certainly does complain about what version a given OpenGL driver identifies itself as.
Go to Top of Page

dborca
Average

Romania

425 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2004 :  09:05:10  Show Profile  Visit dborca's Homepage  Send dborca a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok72

Ah, but we're ALREADY advertising it on the site, that MesaFX is a 1.3 driver. That's why I'm nitpicking about it.

You're not pulling my leg, now are you? If you show me where I advertised 1.3 anywhere on my situ, I'll eat the geocities harddisks.

quote:
As for it being a issue in regards to HomeWorld2, it is my understanding that even IF we were to get the other functions faked somehow, it would still pick up the fact MesaFX is identifiying itself as a 1.2 driver, and may refuse to run it's 3D engine ON THAT POINT ALONE.

And yes, it certainly does complain about what version a given OpenGL driver identifies itself as.

Stupid enough. Not sure I can do much about it, tho...

Regards,
Daniel Borca
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2017 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums