3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Hardware Tuning & Testing
 Modding and overclocking
 Motherboard AGP rate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

48 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2006 :  16:02:33  Show Profile  Visit in3d's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi to all,
I have Gigabyte motherboard and voodoo 5 5500 agp, I want to know if 2x enabled AGP rate (by default) of motherboard can reduce graphic card capacities ?
I have verify the AGP rate of Motherboard in 3DMark2001 se in and it' specified that : 1x, 2x, 4x (2x enabled).
Thenks for any precision

My system: GA-8SMML Motherboard, P4 1.7Ghz, 256MB SDRAM, Voodoo5 5500 AGP, Win XP Pro.

Web Admin

24202 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2006 :  19:21:06  Show Profile  Visit Glide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi in3d,

your motherboard scans the AGP bus and sets the AGP speed at the maximum value supported by video card. Being 3dfx Voodoo5 a AGP 2x card, it, working at 2x, gives its best performance.

Bye bye.

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Join us! | 3dfxzone.it | hwsetup.it | forumzone.it
Go to Top of Page

3 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2006 :  17:28:08  Show Profile  Visit elcotomaster's Homepage  Click to see elcotomaster's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ya, Glide is right, and dont try lowering agp 2x>1x as i did...(unless you are going to OC or whole pc)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Contact Us

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums