What have I done???

Started by fishhawk, 10 September 2003, 05:27:05

Previous topic - Next topic

fishhawk

Installed my Voodoo 5 5500 and Windows xp immediately went out and found drivers for it.  Was able to use the card just fine but I wanted to try the Amigamerlin drivers so I tried to install them instead of the Microsoft drivers.  Now I can't get the card to work at all.  The pc appears to boot and it gives me the initial boot screen and says the voodoo 5 is installed but all it shows me after that is a blue screen.  It sounds like everything is loading but nothing shows up on the monitor.  I tried going back to the original Microsoft drivers but the same thing happens.

What have I done wrong?

Asus P4PE
Intel 2.4B
ATI 9700 AIW (AGP)
Voodoo 5 5500 (PCI)
Windows XP (with service pack)
Direct x 9

fishhawk

Ok, I'm  replying to myself (can I go blind doing that?)  My problem may be that I may have neglected to change my color to 16 bit and therefore the drivers won't work.  Can anyone tell my how I can force my pc to boot in 16 bit?  I have tried to do it from the control panel when I boot off my AGP card but it won't save the changes and reverts back to 32 bit.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ArchAngelCD

Boot to safe mode and make the changes there.

Asus P4P800 i865PE | Intel 3.2 GHz P4C | 2048 Mb Kingston PC3200 Dual Channel DDR SRAM | 160 Gb Western Digital SATA HD | NEC ND-3520 16X DVD-RW | WinXP Pro SP2 | ATI Radeon X850 Pro | 6-channel AD1985 audio CODEC | 3Com 3C940 Gigabit LAN | Diamond Monster 3D II 24Mb SLI