3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Discussions
 video overlay feature is greyed out
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

g7mil
Novice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2003 :  23:40:43  Show Profile  Visit g7mil's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just upgraded to win xp. I installed the Amergamerlin 2.5 drivers for win 2000/xp. Everything seems to be fine, But the video overlay feature in the tools is greyed out. I need this for watching movies. Can anybody help me with this . Thank's Rich Cassella

lecram25
Average

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2003 :  02:31:20  Show Profile  Visit lecram25's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Use the 3dhq Beta 10's untill the Amiga 3.0's are official. You can find them at http://www.falconfly.de/vsa100.htm look for them near the bottom of the page, in the XP section.

| AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.33GHz | Epox 8RDA+ nForce 2 | 256mb DDR PC2100 | Sapphire ATI Radeon 9500np>9700pro | Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer 5.1 | 3dfx VoodooTV 200 PCI | Western Digital 40Gig 7200RPM | Pioneer 106s DVD | LG 52x24x52 CDRW | Cambridge Soundworks/Creative Labs Desktop Theater 5.1 DTT3500 Digital Speakers | Creative IR Remote | WindowsXP Professional SP1 |

Edited by - lecram25 on 21/08/2003 02:39:01
Go to Top of Page

g7mil
Novice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2003 :  16:57:55  Show Profile  Visit g7mil's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We'll I tried those drivers and the tools package that came with it .There wasn't even a video overlay feature in the tools?. So kep't the 3dhg drivers . uninstalled the tools reinstalled the tools from the ameriamerlin 2.5 package . still the video overlay in greyed out.This sucks. any other suggestions would be appreciated. since I have tried every thing I can think of since I inststalled the xp.Thanks Rich
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2003 :  21:52:53  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hum, this is not the first time that i "hear" this problem specially with the drivers for Win2k ...
do you have others programs using the overlay channel ?

Voodoo Woman
Network powered by AMD and 3DFx

Go to Top of Page

g7mil
Novice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2003 :  07:22:01  Show Profile  Visit g7mil's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know exactly what you mean by other channels but I use it when I watch movies on my computer. avi. files don't react to the video controls in my video programs. So I have to use the video overlay feature on my 5500 3dfx card . But since I upgraded to xp I can't seem to have that feature no matter what drivers or tools I use. Pleeeeeeaaase Heeeeelp. Thanks Richard
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2003 :  10:28:03  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
only an idea : if others programs are using the overlay channel, perhaps this option isn't available in the 3dfx tools ;
so i will try to shut down some applications running in the background and reboot everytime in order to see...

an question : no problem before XP ? what OS were you using ? no hardware or software added since ?
the IRQ for the V5 is shared ?

Go to Top of Page

ROTOR
Novice

Cuba
32 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  20:41:31  Show Profile  Visit ROTOR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
your problen is very rare, i have a voodoo 5 5500 AGP & other PCI, & i never have this problem.

i have "TV tuner" that uses overlay & i Never have any problem with overlay.

the error can be caused but other hardware/software is using this fuction.

try to reinstall windows & the drivers

please try to put a capture the error & Put it on a JPG* in this forum.
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  22:24:10  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
the "error" is very simple : in the 3dfx tools, overlay is greyed out so not available

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums