3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo3 and Velocity Setup and tweaking
 Voodoo3 2000 on WinXP - HELP!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2003 :  05:16:22  Show Profile  Visit morthek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello there, i have got a voodoo3 2000 AGP on Windows XP pro, and it seens that windows dont make it a 3d card, games like GLquake and Never winter nights doesnt work ,and when i try them, the CPU temperature increases a lot. ive installed amigamerlin 2.5 SE driver and it still doesnt work. What should i do?? im desperade already! please help me ..... if it matters, here goes my PC:

mainboard: soyo K7VTAPRO 1.0
CPU : Athlon XP 1700+
RAM: 196 DIMMM 133

1938 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2003 :  07:56:07  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i think that NeverWinter Nights doesn't work with a V3

about GLQuake, why don't you use a miniGL, like the 1.49 ?

hum, about your cpu : what is the temperature ?
Go to Top of Page

Web Admin

24171 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2003 :  09:04:34  Show Profile  Visit Glide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi morthek, welcome.

1)Do you have installed Amigamerlin driver as suggested in readme file?

So for driver setup you must:

- Run regedit and find

- Delete "3dfxvs" folder

- Reboot

- Execute "Driver setup.exe" then restart

- Execute "isetup.exe" to install complete the tools then restart

2) Check cpu fan integrity and verify that cables and devices do not keep air from spreading

3) With Quake2/3 based games i suggest to use WickedGL libraries which have good performance in XP (read here

- Nightbrd:

Bye bye

3dfxzone.it | hwsetup.it | Register
Go to Top of Page

2 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2003 :  18:50:44  Show Profile  Visit morthek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,thanks glide, but ive installed the driver just as the readme said, and this errors ocurred... this morning i have installed Unral tournament and it worked perfectly , in glquake a black screen appears and i have to reboot the machine. in NWN a black scrren appears too but i can rear the sounds of it and the buttons (play, configure,quit, etc) appears after ive presses esc some times, but they apperas alone in a black screen .... awser me something: if i install WIN 98 SE i will be able to play NWN ??? thanks again
Go to Top of Page

1938 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2003 :  14:42:00  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
about NWN :
- you must disable the "enable hardware mouse" in the nwn.ini ; chang it from 1 to 0 or the cursor will not work
- seems easier with Win98SE or Win2k, XP really i don't know but i'm afraid that is really difficult
- with a V3, you can perhaps use low settings in the game ; with the desktop put it in 800*600 and 16 bits

Edited by - Nightbird on 15/08/2003 14:43:09
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Contact Us

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums