F.E.A.R Pixel Shading and Geforce 4 Mx 440

Started by thebluemonkey36, 17 November 2005, 12:53:39

Previous topic - Next topic

thebluemonkey36

Hi,

I am trying to run F.E.A.R. on a computer that has a geforce 4 mx 440 when i launch it, it says the card is unsupported.... the game actually requires pixel shading and apparently my graphic card doesn't have that feature or soemthing so that is why i can't launch it.... I used a program called 3D-Analyze. I enabled the pixel emulate feature and tried to run the game it launched but now everything is black.... how do i fix this? and what do i do. when the movie is playing its black when it tries to display the menu it is black but i can see the cursor.

Thanks in advance.

The Blue Monkey

mushy666

Hi Mate if you get the answer to your question could you pass it on to me please at tender_heartau@yahoo.com.au or leave a yahoo offliner for magicmushroom30303.

thanks really appreciate it.

Mushy

youkaizero

Since it's ran off of Doom3' engine, it takes hell of a lot more resources than I've ever seen!

But, if the Geforce MX 4 doesn't have pixel shader, well you're pretty screwed there.

If you want to play games that require Pixel shading, pick up a cheap Radeon 9200, or a cheap Geforce 5200-5700.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
1 gb ddr
Western Digital 80 gig
ATI Radeon x800

inductioncoil

I have the same card and something similar happened to me when I was playing another game. Try selecting "emulate HW TnL caps" in addition to the pixel shader caps.

dmd-0

I had same problem (black screen) on my radeon 9250 and the solutions was agp8x -> agp4x

evandrix

QuoteOriginally posted by dmd-0

I had same problem (black screen) on my radeon 9250 and the solutions was agp8x -> agp4x

may i know how you do that?

also, can anyone pls post the settings and version of 3d-analyze used to run F.E.A.R. on an Nvidia Geforce4 MX 440? I managed to get pass the "video card not supported message", but the screen is black except for my cursor...

thanks,

Berus

I cant run F.E.A.R on my GeForce 440 TI. I use 3dAnalyze but i have a black screen. what i must do? I select "emulate HW TnL caps" but it is not working. Whats settings i must set?(Sorry for my English im form poland)

Lex

Could anybody to find the 3D Analizar configuration from FEAR?[8D]

5h4n3vd

i have a NVIDIA  geforce4 mx 440 to and i cant even get past the your video card is not supported thing when you load the game some plz help me get past this and help me to be able to play the game to ???!!!!!