3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo3 and Velocity Setup and tweaking
 V3-3000, BIOS tweak for 24MB SGRAM?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DNSDies
Novice

1 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2014 :  17:33:28  Show Profile  Visit DNSDies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a Voodoo 3 3000 PCI I use with a thinkpad Dock and an x20 thinkpad to play my old Windows games with glide, and I noticed that the 3000 PCI has space for 6 memory chips, with only 4 installed.

Would it be possible to cannibalize another 3000 and transfer 8 more MB of memory to it?
Would it require a BIOS hack?

I've seen there are BIOS flashing utilities, and they seem to have some documentation on it, and I've seen posts about people modifying the V4/4500 for 64MB of RAM.

I have a proper BGA rework station, so doing the soldering is no problem.

goriath
Average

Italy

125 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2014 :  10:13:48  Show Profile  Visit goriath's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It has been discussed many and many times but the Voodoo3 is strictly limited to 16MB.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums