3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo2 Discussions
 Is there a way to play DVD on V2?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jplee
Novice

Taiwan

33 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2005 :  19:47:54  Show Profile  Visit jplee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear All,
Just wondering, is there a software can use V2 to play dvd?
( cause my 4mb on board vga has bad quality with DVD movie, and I give up trying my old realmagic hollywood1 -em7210, I think, since I can't find the right software to play dvd although I got the working driver.)

Any suggestion?

Thank you very much!!!

JP

Geri
Average

235 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2005 :  20:37:32  Show Profile  Visit Geri's Homepage  Send Geri an ICQ Message  Click to see Geri's MSN Messenger address  Send Geri a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yes.
Start the DVD player software with the d3d lancher.

http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1514

:P

Edited by - Geri on 29/10/2005 20:38:19
Go to Top of Page

jplee
Novice

Taiwan

33 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2005 :  00:17:45  Show Profile  Visit jplee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Geri,
I went browse the link forum you posed, Jee, it seems too advanced for a novice like me...
Can you give more details such like where to download your creation and install procedures?
of course, the more simple discribption ,the more appreciated!!!

Thank you very much in advance

JP
Go to Top of Page

Geri
Average

235 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2005 :  01:22:29  Show Profile  Visit Geri's Homepage  Send Geri an ICQ Message  Click to see Geri's MSN Messenger address  Send Geri a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You have windows XP?
Go to Top of Page

jplee
Novice

Taiwan

33 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2005 :  01:37:47  Show Profile  Visit jplee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
both w98 and XP....
Go to Top of Page

Geri
Average

235 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2005 :  02:13:49  Show Profile  Visit Geri's Homepage  Send Geri an ICQ Message  Click to see Geri's MSN Messenger address  Send Geri a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In XP is a way to do it.

first install this driver:
http://voodoomage.uw.hu/lgfx_voodoomage2_xp_2_2_0.rar

Extract it.
Right click to main computer, propertipes, device manager.
Rightclick on the voodoo device, refresh driver, and add the lgfx driver to the voodoo.
Press escape, or enter to exit from the intro.
Click ">>>" button to finalize the installation.
Now restart computer.

At next restart you will see a Voodoo2 icon in the desktop.
Start it, and go to save and exit.

Now find any DVD player, go the directory of the dvd player, and drag'n drop the dvd player's exe to the Voodoo2 icon! The dvd player will start. Now load the movie & enjoy!

(be careful with this driver, if windows cant boot after a crash with this driver, press f8 at boot, and select vga mode)

Edited by - Geri on 30/10/2005 02:15:01
Go to Top of Page

jplee
Novice

Taiwan

33 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2005 :  02:58:04  Show Profile  Visit jplee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Geri,
Somehow, I can't unzip the rar. file ( I use Winrar), some error come out........ sorry..
Does this support SLI? W98?

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2005 :  09:09:59  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Try to download the file again
I need to download it twice : the first time, i only had d/led 74 ko ...

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Edited by - Nightbird on 30/10/2005 09:10:28
Go to Top of Page

Geri
Average

235 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2005 :  01:02:28  Show Profile  Visit Geri's Homepage  Send Geri an ICQ Message  Click to see Geri's MSN Messenger address  Send Geri a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dear jplee!
Yes, it supports SLI!

Before you install it, read the faq carefully.
You can find the faq in the .rar

Edited by - Geri on 31/10/2005 01:03:09
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2005 :  09:38:06  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
@ jplee
This driver is for XP, no "chance" under Win98.

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

jplee
Novice

Taiwan

33 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  02:35:06  Show Profile  Visit jplee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Understood!!

Thank you all

jplee
Go to Top of Page

PcJax
Novice

5 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  15:20:48  Show Profile  Visit PcJax's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can also use MPlayer for win32 for that, for more instructions check here: http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2439 you don't need have Windows XP in this way.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums