3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo4/5 Setup and tweaking
 XP voodoo 5 instalation problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

6 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2005 :  23:44:22  Show Profile  Visit D@rK_OnE's Homepage  Reply with Quote

i've downloaded amigamerlin drivers from the site and i've tried to install them with no luck, i get the following error

an error occured during the installation of this device
the system cannot find the specified file"

after reboot the board is disabled in device manager, when i enable it - the error code is 18 ( from microsoft site -> Code 18
The drivers for this device need to be reinstalled. (Code 18)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

the windows is XP prof + sp2, the onboard vga is disabled (and PCI first) form bios, i've tried amigamerlin 3.0/3.1 R1 and 3.1 R6 beta same error

i manualy cleaned the registry
i manualy deleted all 3dfx files from windows
(between instalations)

pls advice :)

system: P3 with azza i815 board and voodoo 5 5500 AGP

1461 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2005 :  23:47:34  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
wipe everything out from the registry once again and install the latest SFFT driver from here:
make sure to install it manually via the device manager (I can post a step by step guide if you dont know how to do that)..

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

6 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2005 :  19:53:07  Show Profile  Visit D@rK_OnE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i resolve the problem by reinstalling the SO, it's less time consuming if u don't get the solution in less then 20 - 30 minutes, i spend at least 3 hours cleaning up the sistem and restarting the computer -

10x for the help PS47 - but it isn't the solution :(

maybe my problem will be taken in consideration by the enthusiast developers

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Contact Us

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums