How get one 3dfx Voodoo2 working at 1024x672...

Started by Glide, 08 October 2005, 19:43:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Glide

Discussion related to this news: https://www.3dfxzone.it/news/reader.php?objid=1609

SEG_Striker

Strange. I never heard about this driver.

BTW, V2, supposed to 3DFX can't work in windowed mode, but as we already know, it is possible. Also - under Windows 2000/XP - VoodooMage driver is working as display adapter... What else? :)

skinnie

it would be fantastic if anyone could put this featura in the fv 4.9 driver and in a xp driver :D
MSI KT3/Athlon XP 2400+/2x256Mb OCZ BH5/3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 AGP

SEG_Striker

Everything is possible. Limitacion doesn't exist. Except in our own sense :)

skinnie

this driver is awesome!but in my system (the mmx200 one) it refuses to play quake 3..
if anyone has another version of this driver , and it can be installed with other cards thatare not wicked3d ones..put it here plz [[]]

skinnie

can somebody put here an iso of an original wicked3d voodoo2 driver cd?because the other drivers that I found..ask me for that cd..I think burning a copy of an iso of that cd,the installation would be sucessfull..

mitrovskiigi

When Windows asks for a Voodoo2 CD you can simply lead him to folder where drivers are and that's it.

skinnie

it's not that...old drivers of metabyte...ask for the original driver cd (the one that is supposed to come with the board) but as I don't own any metabyte voodoo 2,and I want to use this drivers I am thinking of getting an iso of an original cd and burn one.can anyone put an iso of that cd here for me?or put the ed2k link...

TempesT

The metabyte wicked3d Glide2x wrapper that makes this "resolution override" possible is also included with a later version of the metabyte software. They didn't change the glide2x part, so the Voodoo2 resolution override feature still works, but isn't available in the control panel.
(you need to change some registry entries).
the wrapper works in windows 9x/ME using the latest original 3dfx glide drivers (3.03 and 3.02.02 for example)  
(the latest beta installs intop of a 3dfx driver, so it is always up2date.)

I think I once say that the iso and the latest 5.02 beta is downloadable using p2p, but I don't know for sure, I don't need to, I own a copy.

According to a programmer at metabyte, the wrapper could also work in windows 2000. But since you can't install the software in windows 2000, the wrapper will fail the  security check, and say that the metabyte software isn't installed properly. (MAYBE you could use XP in compatibility mode, but I didn't try it yet)

The resolution override feature doesn't work with the glides from koolsmokey (the windows port of the linux source for glide).
So it won't work in systems that need this driver to function properly.

If you use the latest Glide2x, WickedGL, and set the wrapper in Voodoo2 mode, than you can play Quake 3 in 1024x672 (or 1024x1024 with  SLI).
The 3dfx OpenGL ICD doesn't work because it is Glide3x based, and the "resolution override" wrapper is Glide2x only.

sliderider

QuoteOriginally posted by Glide

Discussion related to this news: https://www.3dfxzone.it/news/reader.php?objid=1609

I see the description but where is the download link? It doesn't seem to0 be there any longer.

fab_hofmann

is this phisically possible? I though only a Voodoo 2 in SLI Mode can handle that resolution doesn't mather if single card is 8mb or 12mb ?!

H-street

the Voodoo2 single could run in 1024x768 if you disabled zbuffering

YURBAN

I Play on Pentium 200 MMX at 1024x768x16 Need For Speed Hot Pursuit with EvilKing (12MB Single Sided Memory PCB), all tweaks:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT_E2y5d0eY

With Voodoo2 GE Win9x Driver, in Driver Tab, just Set "Force Mipmap, and Tripple Buffering", anyway first and second options in "Advanced" Setting of V2 1000
Be Cool, Be Fast, Be The Fastest

ms-dos

QuoteOriginally posted by YURBAN

I Play on Pentium 200 MMX at 1024x768x16 Need For Speed Hot Pursuit with EvilKing (12MB Single Sided Memory PCB), all tweaks:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT_E2y5d0eY

With Voodoo2 GE Win9x Driver, in Driver Tab, just Set "Force Mipmap, and Tripple Buffering", anyway first and second options in "Advanced" Setting of V2 1000
Don't take this the wrong way, but have you ever heard of cable management?
Nice video non the less.

Glide

QuoteOriginally posted by ms-dos

QuoteOriginally posted by YURBAN

Don't take this the wrong way, but have you ever heard of cable management?
Nice video non the less.
:)

Bye bye