3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo3 and Velocity Discussions
 V3 AGP Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chris
Novice

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  12:42:00  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have a V3 AGP card and I'm wondering what power spec it uses IE will it run in my VIA/ASUS K7 AGP4x/8x slot?

Thanks!

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  13:44:32  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
no,you wont be able to use a voodoo3 agp in an agp4x/8x slot.you need an agp universal slot if you want to use the card..

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

Rolo01
Experienced

Germany

508 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  13:45:22  Show Profile  Visit Rolo01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No chance.
V3 is 3.3V ( AGP2x ) only. You should not be able to insert the card in the slot anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Novice

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  06:02:07  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OK Thanks. I went from PCI to AGP 8x lol so I'm not that familiar with the early versions of AGP.
Go to Top of Page

bloodworm
Average

USA

278 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  17:31:17  Show Profile  Visit bloodworm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If it PHYSICALLY fits in the slot, it should work........ then the slot will be a "universal" AGP slot, giving it 2x/4x/8x (and MAYBE 1x) capabilities AND voltages.

Bloody Mess
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums