Old GLide games and Voodoo5?

Started by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman, 15 September 2005, 23:14:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

Well, my impression is that most of us are interested in trying Voodoo cards with new games, like Doom3 on Voodoo5 and such.

I just wonder: does anyone like to try old, DOS GLide games like Jetfighter III or Archimedean Dynasty, using Voodoo5 cards? The only resources I have found on the internet is Dracman's web site, where the guy uses Voodoo5 to play Tomb Raider 1. How about here? Anyone want to share their experience using Voodoo5 (FSAA and the likes) on DOS GLide games?

MUDASS

Yeah, I fired up Unreal 1 v226.  It's like playing a new game. It's smooth and fast. Last time I had played, it was with a p200 with 64mb ram and a V3. It was ramming any time there was lot of action so I couldn't get far.  I even tryed it with a Kyro(hercules 3d prophet 32mb) and it's ramming the hell ! I don't understand, with this card the game is at best on D3D, ramming in opengl tim, and ugly and ramming on powervr!
kickstart - voodoo.5.5500.agp.64mb/voodoo.3.2000.pci.16mb.mobo.asus.p2b-f.p3-450 mhz.512.mb.133mhz.sb.pci128.isa.56k.us.robotic.isa.3com.ethernet.card.lg.cd-rw.52x32x52x.hd1.30.gig.maxtor.hd2.5.gig.seagate.