3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 Software Platforms and Apps
 Operative Systems MS Windows and applications
 Error Message
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lagman
Novice

3 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2005 :  15:00:38  Show Profile  Visit lagman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can anyone help with this error message? When I try to open just certain programs using 98-SE, I get "this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. When I check the details of the error it always is a general protection fault in module 3DFX16V3.DVR. Am I missing a driver? Anyone Know? Other programs work fine.

Rolo01
Experienced

Germany

508 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2005 :  17:15:24  Show Profile  Visit Rolo01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Which driver do you use ?
Which programs make problems ?
Please give some more details...
Go to Top of Page

ps47

Slovakia
1461 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2005 :  19:02:14  Show Profile  Visit ps47's Homepage  Send ps47 an AOL message  Send ps47 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
install the latest original 3dfx driver ver. 1.07.00
http://www.falconfly.de/voodoo3.htm

The 3Dfx Helppage and Game Guide / Voodoo3/4/5 enviromental variables
Go to Top of Page

lagman
Novice

3 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2005 :  11:52:22  Show Profile  Visit lagman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the device shows the driver name as 3dfx Voodoo3 dated 7-22-1999.
the driver file detail is C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\3DFX16V.DRV - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\3DFXV3.VXD - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\vmm32.vxd(vdd.vxd)
two programs I am having trouble with are Quicken 2005 and HP's Image Zone for photos.
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2005 :  13:56:19  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Your driver is old
The best : like ps47 said, install the last 3dfx driver for the voodoo 3 (the 1.07.00 whql)
You can find it here also :
http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/3dfx/voodoo3/archivio/win9x.htm

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

lagman
Novice

3 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  01:28:05  Show Profile  Visit lagman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got it. Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums