3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo2 Discussions
 Carmageddon on Voodoo2 fail
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neurocrash
Initiate

55 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  12:32:57  Show Profile  Visit neurocrash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I am struggling to get Carmageddon working on my Voodoo2 card. It has been a very long time since I did this, and I seem to be missing something. I've tried several versions of the Glide drivers and followed the upgrade instructions for Carmageddon and Voodoo2, but it just won't work. Mostly the program window runs Voodo2C.exe and says "finished" without doing anything. Trying to run in DOS or Windows98 DOS mode just hangs with a black screen.

If anyone has this working, I would appreciate any tips, such as what version of the drivers that you are using, and steps that I may have forgotten.

Thanks

neurocrash
Initiate

55 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  14:18:05  Show Profile  Visit neurocrash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seems that my testing method was flawed, and each time I replaced the Glide file to test run Voodo2c.exe, it was not executing properly - perhaps something wrong got sent to the card. I tried the most recent 3Dfx reference drivers, copied the Glide files to the game directory, restarted the computer, and now it is working (fingers crossed).
Go to Top of Page

Glide
Web Admin

Napoli

24417 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2012 :  16:52:50  Show Profile  Visit Glide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice...:)

Bye bye

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Join us! | 3dfxzone.it | hwsetup.it | forumzone.it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums