Voodoo2 and DOS Glide HELP!!! PLS!!!

Started by MorpH-PL, 30 June 2005, 16:14:11

Previous topic - Next topic

MorpH-PL

Elo.

I have a problem with games that run on Glide in Dos mode.
When i want to play games like: Tomb Raider I, GTA I, BC3000AD, the screen goes black and nothing happens, but when i play windows games for Glide like: UT, NFSII SE they work correctly, why?? Please help me with this problem..

My system spec.: Athlon XP 1800+, ABiT KT7A Rev. 1.3, 512MB SDR, GeForce3 64MB + Creative Voodoo2 12MB (FastVoodoo2 4.6), SB Live! 5.1 Digital, Win98 SE.
Athlon XP (T-Bred) 1800+,
ABiT KT7A Rev.1.3,
Kingston 2x256MB SDR,
PineView GeForce3 64MB,
2x Creative Voodoo2 12MB in SLi (Homemade Cable ;)),
Barracuda IV 7200.7 40GB,
SB Live! 5.1 Digital,
Win 98SE,

3dfx gone but never forgotten.

Nightbird

Do you run the game in full DOS mode ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

enthomologist

Have you got all the necessary patches? Remember to download the proper TR 3dfx patch for V2(the Rush one), i don't know about BC3kAD more than just there was a film, and Raquel Welch in it, and...;-P. Also, try playing around with dos memory settings in games' executables preferences and put the glide2x.ovl from your windows directory to the game folder. Switching to real dos mode may also help, as Nightbird seems to suggest you...
"The board authorized you? Hm. The board doesn't know the first thing about science. All they want is something to make them more money, a product. Don't worry...they'll get their product..." - dr Malcolm Betruger

Nightbird

About BC3000AD, do you run BC3K3DFX.BAT ?

In-ter-ac-tive :

MorpH-PL

I have found a problem, my computer is to fast (wierd), when i declock it to 500MHz (5x100) everything works fine :/ crazy stuff...i run games from Windows..and i have (VRush patch for TR), and all for BC3k :)

This thing is happening on my all Voodoo crads: Voodoo Graphics, 3x Voodoo2, Voodoo3 2000 :/ is there any aid for this??

Sorry for my english :)
ABiT KT7A Rev.1.3,
Kingston 2x256MB SDR,
PineView GeForce3 64MB,
SB Live! 5.1 Digital,
Win 98SE,

enthomologist

Twój angielski nie jest a¿ taki z³y - nie mog³em siê powstrzymaæ;-)
(Let's assume it didn't happen, boys;-) )
"The board authorized you? Hm. The board doesn't know the first thing about science. All they want is something to make them more money, a product. Don't worry...they'll get their product..." - dr Malcolm Betruger

MorpH-PL

Thank you :D (Dziekuje :P)
ABiT KT7A Rev.1.3,
Kingston 2x256MB SDR,
PineView GeForce3 64MB,
SB Live! 5.1 Digital,
Win 98SE,

Nightbird

In short ?
because If i understand a little "There is not your english such bad I could not refrain -; - )

In-ter-ac-tive :

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

Um, so what actually happened? Do we need to underclock each time we're going to run DOS GLide games? Or there's a workaround?

Well I plan to play DOS GLide games in pure DOS as well (DOS 6.22 instead of Win98 DOS box). You know, games like Jetfighter III or The Elder Scrolls: Red Guard, only I use Voodoo5. Would I need to underclock as well?

enthomologist

In (almost) short, from PL: "Other people see your english harmless":) Seriously: "...is not that bad,..."(the rest properly translated you have:-P)

MorpH-PL

On some configurations all voodoo cards work fine but on some PCs you need to underclock the CPU.

On V5 there shouldn't be any problems ;)
ABiT KT7A Rev.1.3,
Kingston 2x256MB SDR,
PineView GeForce3 64MB,
SB Live! 5.1 Digital,
Win 98SE,

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

QuoteOriginally posted by MorpH-PL

On some configurations all voodoo cards work fine but on some PCs you need to underclock the CPU.

On V5 there shouldn't be any problems ;)

I hope you right, then. See, the games I wanna' play are really old, and my CPU is gonna' be Palimono 2000+ or above. Not to mention I plan to play them in pure DOS (DOS boot disk).:D

enthomologist

In case of a need to underclock your cpu, you gonna google for Turbo or MoSlow and it isn't only a dos-game problem, i remember Sanitarium to be very sensible in that matter.

trigger

Always start at the hardware level!
Can't stress it enough, never underestimate the hardware level.

In this situation "Connectivity".

I had a recent experience with two skywell Magic3D II's in SLI, where I was getting a black screen launching into Glide. Happened to prefer the second voodoo2 card from the usual first voodoo2 card. Weird I know! ...... but it works fine now!

Launch some Glide and swap the monitor cable over to the other voodoo2 card, then just chuck the pass through cable over to the card it prefers. Remember it's just a video signal.

I've still yet to swap the cards around to see if it puts it back to the usual setup!

Same 12MB cards, although one has 100MHz ram while the other has 110MHz. Could be the reason why it prefers one over the other.[?]
Voodoo5 5500 AGP
Voodoo5 5500 PCI DVI x3 (exorcised MAC cards)
Voodoo4 4500 PCI
Voodoo2 1000 PCI x4 (two boxed and factory sealed)
Voodoo1
miroHISCORE 3D
Canopus PURE3D